Skull Cleaning
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 10:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1617792 Posts in 191204 Topics by 43221 Members
Latest Member: JHamm
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Skulls and Skeletons  |  Topic: Skull Cleaning « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Skull Cleaning  (Read 5371 times)
Call me Robert
Silver Member

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 03:59:23 AM »

Wolfie. There's no chance that you will find any species of dermestidae on any kind of  fruits. You can find them on flowers,dead animals, in your own house on carpet etc. Never on fruits. So let that be clear to everyone. :)
I don't have a diploma but one of my passions is entomology and macro photography of insect so I think you can trust me in that matter ;D
Sea Wolf
Platinum Member

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2012, 05:54:47 AM »

Wolfie. There's no chance that you will find any species of dermestidae on any kind of  fruits. You can find them on flowers,dead animals, in your own house on carpet etc. Never on fruits. So let that be clear to everyone. :)
I don't have a diploma but one of my passions is entomology and macro photography of insect so I think you can trust me in that matter ;D

Uhhm .. Yes?  I was not doubting you, I was quoting you.

Call me Robert
Silver Member

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 08:41:22 AM »

I like you too Wolfie. Relax  :D
mike98
Bronze Member

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2012, 11:13:18 AM »

I was on here using this account.

skulley
Gold Member

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2012, 09:45:30 PM »

voltrax dont make me put a banana in my bug barn n take a picture of them eating it!!!!     ;)

you said it would only hurt a litlle!!
Call me Robert
Silver Member

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 04:07:02 AM »

noooo Spare that bananaaa! You are so cruel. I will admit. They WILL eat almost anything from pollen to dead elephant. They are omnivores. ;)
But you won't find in nature situation where dermestidae eat defenceless banana.
skulley
Gold Member

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 08:51:36 PM »

while back a friend of mine brought his 11 yr old son over to see the bug barn. we talked before hand and he agreed to me trying to pull a fast one on his son.................i reached into the writhing mass of bugs and squished a packet of fake blood, yanked my hand out screaming and shook the blood everywhere..........dam!! that kid exited the barn so fast!!!!  lol he was mad at me n his dad for some time, but now stops in and takes care of 'em when i am away.   a skull cleaner in the making?? who knows

you said it would only hurt a litlle!!
mike98
Bronze Member

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 10:22:14 PM »

while back a friend of mine brought his 11 yr old son over to see the bug barn. we talked before hand and he agreed to me trying to pull a fast one on his son.................i reached into the writhing mass of bugs and squished a packet of fake blood, yanked my hand out screaming and shook the blood everywhere..........dam!! that kid exited the barn so fast!!!!  lol he was mad at me n his dad for some time, but now stops in and takes care of 'em when i am away.   a skull cleaner in the making?? who knows

He he your evil :D!

I found they will rip apart flowers as well!
Sea Wolf
Platinum Member

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »

Evil, evil people.  :)

mike98
Bronze Member

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »

Meh you get used to it.
mike98
Bronze Member

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »

The Dermestids have been breeding slower then i wanted but still faster then the other beetle colony i have. They are sitting at double the ammount i started with. I started with just some that i found around my home. Now i have 50+ in the colony. The frass builds up fast with 50!
JRose
Silver Member

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 01:56:02 AM »

The Dermestids have been breeding slower then i wanted but still faster then the other beetle colony i have. They are sitting at double the ammount i started with. I started with just some that i found around my home. Now i have 50+ in the colony. The frass builds up fast with 50!

Wait'll you get to 5,000 :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Skulls and Skeletons  |  Topic: Skull Cleaning « previous next »