WA Douglas squirrel
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 03:45:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1619560 Posts in 191509 Topics by 43279 Members
Latest Member: Graybull
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  For Sale (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: WA Douglas squirrel « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WA Douglas squirrel  (Read 951 times)
okie-coyote

« on: May 06, 2012, 04:56:09 PM »

Western Washington Douglas Squirrel. I have know clue about this old girl. Watched her get hit by a car, she was in the freezer (WHOLE) in less than three hours after death. i cant find a scratch anywhere, no blood. Skull is crushed. Nice red hairs on back going into the tail. Black rib line hair is fairly nice but have seen better. Over all coat is really nice. And im sorry but i did not get exact measurements.

Like i said before. I have know clue what she is worth. So i am entertaining all offers or trades. Note i am in the military and will be heading back to oklahoma in a couple of months where we only have red and gray squirrels. So if there are know serious offers i will gladly take this old girl home.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a P.M.
or E-mail me at Jacobson25q@yahoo.com
pelter4

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 05:02:31 PM »

Maybe things have changed but the Douglas squirrel is/was a protected species in Washington state. Proceed with caution. And I don't think you can sell roadkill of any-kind.
pelter4

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 05:47:43 PM »

Western gray, Douglas', red, and flying squirrels are all protected species in Washington (WAC 232-12-011). 

A picking up road kill is illegal...from what I understand, its "considered property of the state"

FWIW
Driftless
Gold Member

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »

In Wisconsin I need to contact warden and can take roadkill after they tag it and I pay for special permit.  This is Only for non protected species that are hunted or trapped here. 
X2 - proceed with caution.

Happy, Happy, Happy.
okie-coyote

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 01:18:08 AM »

Squirrel is no longer on the market!!!! Thinks for the info guys. Did not have a clue about this old girl. Im currently learning taxidermy and im not a fan of small animals. But thanks again.
PLTannery
Platinum Member

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 01:25:09 AM »

Get ahold of WA fish and Game in Olympia, You should be able to get a print copy of the Laws from them. And yes All road kill in WA becomes property of the "State". There are no salvage tags or game pickup laws in this state.  Also you cannot pickup Winterkills.. they are also "State" Property.

Good Luck and Have fun!

Your Source for quality Taxidermy Specimens, Plushables, Buckskin, Crafters supplies, Skulls and Antlers.
Offering Custom Tanning services and more.

Promise Land Tannery
228 Cameron Lake Loop Road
Okanogan, WA 98840
(509) 422-3814
www.promiselandranch.net
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Buy, Sell and Trade  |  For Sale (Moderator: Michael J Vaden)  |  Topic: WA Douglas squirrel « previous next »