trouble with water splash
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2014, 03:28:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1624582 Posts in 192364 Topics by 43472 Members
Latest Member: NativeSpirits
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Habitat and Exhibit  |  Topic: trouble with water splash « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: trouble with water splash  (Read 1949 times)
fireduck
Silver Member

« on: May 11, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »

I just bought the Polytranspar artificial water. I pour part A into a small bathroom drink cup. about 10 cc or so. then added two drops of the cat. (part) B

mixed then poured onto the wax paper. left it overnight and still not set up. What did I do wrong.

I'm wanting to make up splashes and then water ripple. So does anyone have any better ideas to use this product. Or mixture ratio .
Doug Bridges
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »

I don't think the 2 drops of cat will do much. Maybe check the recommended ratio again. I don't know because I don't have specs on the material, but 2 drops for 10cc's seems low.

Doug Bridges
The Village Taxidermist
www.villagetaxidermist.com
I sell Smooth-On Products and S&S Fleshing Machines
Mold Making and Casting Services for Taxidermists and Beyond!
Rick Carter
Forum Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 11:41:42 AM »

Never thought much of the "drop" thing.  Get some triple beam scales and add 1.5 to 2% MEKP by weight. Mix really thoroughly and remix in a clean unwaxed cup. Keep 70 to 80 degrees.

Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Habitat and Exhibit  |  Topic: trouble with water splash « previous next »