ITEMS NOT PICKED UP .
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 09:16:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1624754 Posts in 192393 Topics by 43476 Members
Latest Member: msneath
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: ITEMS NOT PICKED UP . « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: ITEMS NOT PICKED UP .  (Read 3131 times)
linder
Platinum Member

« on: May 11, 2012, 04:38:46 PM »

I have seen a lot of hand bills through the years and signs in shops that say '' Any item that's not picked up after notification of com pleation will be sold'' now do any of you ''know'' some that sell unclaimed mounts ,I was told that you couldn't make a profit just the balance that's due on it, to,'' you can not sell anything''. how would you handle a situation like that.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:02:18 PM by linder » Logged
Randy Miller
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 04:55:25 PM »

Who's Sean Handel?
linder
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 05:00:18 PM »

Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:17:15 PM by linder » Logged
Cole
Platinum Member

Amateur Taxidermist

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 05:19:09 PM »

Yeah I screwed up Randy. But I bet I spell this right you can kiss my ass.....

I would love to help you with any questions you have. Unfortunately, I have a policy that states I can't help A-holes so perhaps someone else can answer your question.

Cole Cruickshank
Cameron, MO 64429
linder
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 05:54:41 PM »

O.K. I'm sorry Randy, Didn't mean for it to be taken seriously, should not have wrote it that way and to Cole and anyone else that I  offended I apologize. Linder.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:16:24 PM by linder » Logged
MichaelG
Silver Member

TRAINEE

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »

I believe this depends on the state in which you are licensed in.  From the Virginia Laws;.......... If a mount or hide is not claimed after the return of a signed certified receipt and within the 15-day period, then the taxidermist may sell the mount for an amount not to exceed the remainder of the amount of the original invoice plus reasonable administrative and storage costs.  Hope this helps.

Mike
bullwhacker
Gold Member

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »

There is obviously another post related to this somewhere???....????....????
linder
Platinum Member

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 02:31:03 PM »

Short story shorter, I asked a quition on here and Randy not meaning anything just pointed out something to me and instead of handling it in a mature way I acted like a jerk and made a rude and uncalled for remark.Cole put me in my place and I apologized to which Randy was nice enough to except.
theguyyouknowtaxidermy Daniel Elkins
Gold Member

The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »

I am not sure what the laws are here in Oklahoma for a situation like what was stated linder, but i tell you what I would do, I would sell it for the most money I could get out of it. I mean that is basic kindergarten math. You have me do a job, and you don't pay me, shoot what was your is now mine to do with what ever i please.

The Guy You Know Taxidermy

joeym
Platinum Member

Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 09:53:20 PM »

Selling any mounted animal in my state is a violation that will be fined for an amount of $2,500 or more.   A guy from MS sold a squirrel on eBay for $33 and was fined $2,500.   You MUST contact your own state wildlife commission to correctly answer your question.  Most legal answers you get here on Taxi-Net are merely opinions, and not the laws of your particular state.

Joe Miitchell (aka jkmitch) and Joey Murphey (joeym)

Joey Murphey, Taxidermist    Chunky, Mississippi    www.mstaxidermist.com     http://wokk.com/pages/2965375.php
linder
Platinum Member

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 10:29:49 PM »

Thanks all ,I  almost got stuck by a guy and now a friend called me from another state and the same guy had ran up a good  bill with him and was taking his time of picking up. He finally came and picked up but, Monday a.m I'll now this law for sure I only had that one guy and never had it happen again so I never checked the law, stupid on my part.
theguyyouknowtaxidermy Daniel Elkins
Gold Member

The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 01:07:24 PM »

So how do Cowboy decor places sale mounted steers? I have seen mounts for sale all over the place.

The Guy You Know Taxidermy

linder
Platinum Member

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 01:19:29 PM »

Me to but I guess it would just be my luck to get into trouble ,all the steak resaunts and cracker barrels around here have mounts in them maybe I'll find out and can post it.
wayne70
Silver Member

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 01:31:44 PM »

The DNR would have jurisdiction over game animals. A farm raised steer should not matter.
linder
Platinum Member

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 01:56:38 PM »

learn something everyday,I never thought about that.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: ITEMS NOT PICKED UP . « previous next »