Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2014, 06:16:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1610567 Posts in 190140 Topics by 43027 Members
Latest Member: RaptorClaw333
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: ITEMS NOT PICKED UP . « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: ITEMS NOT PICKED UP .  (Read 2929 times)
theguyyouknowtaxidermy Daniel Elkins
Gold Member

The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »

So how do people sale hides,capes on here in the for sale section from all over the nations. I have seen several mounts on there as well. I am not saying that I don't believe the information that is being put out on this post but I will say that i defiantly see diffrent.

The Guy You Know Taxidermy

Cole
Platinum Member

Amateur Taxidermist

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 09:52:55 AM »

I don't even feel I should have to respond to the comments in this thread but no one else has so I guess I will.

First of all, not knowing where linder is from makes it all but impossible to answer his question accurately beyond telling him to call his state wildlife agency to determine the legalities. (Which is what he should do) Daniel's first response was almost as dumb as his second one. I'm sorry but the laws in this country aren't what Daniel's kindergarten math tells him they are. Each state has it's own set of regulations to follow, and if you are in business in one of these states you need to learn them. Daniel's next statement about animals being for sale on here falls back to the same answer, it is legal in some states to do this. ::)

Cole Cruickshank
Cameron, MO 64429
MLP
Platinum Member

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 10:28:04 AM »

Everyone should take note to what JoeyM and Cole are saying. There are a few federal laws, mainly dealing with migratory game birds and protected/endangered species, but as it pertains to the sale of game animals, their parts, hides, taxidermy mounts, ect., but other than, these issues are regulated by the states, and those laws vary greatly from state to state. What is permitted in one state may be illegal in another.  You are bound by the laws of the state in which you live.  Most states have specific allowances for taxidermists selling items not paid for or picked up - it may even spell out for you the time frame in which you can sell and the amount you can collect.  There is only one answer here and I will repeat it...call your state wildlife agency and get informed as to what is legal, and under what conditions, in your state.  Anyone who doesn't know what the laws are in the state they are operating in is begging for trouble.

I do very much believe we are to hate sin and love the sinner. We just need to also understand that the sin I hate the most should be my own and the sinner I love the most should be the one who has sinned against me.
Gold Member

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »

I just said what I would do, most people try not to speed, I try to speed. So dont be confused.

Jason Smith
Silver Member

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 12:01:07 PM »

Daniel,
FACT:
In Oklahoma it is legal to sell unclaimed mounts after *6 months* from notification in writting to the customer,and they cannot be sold for more then the actual price of the mount.
Gold Member

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 12:46:16 PM »

Is that included your time?

MLP
Platinum Member

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 12:51:43 PM »

Linder asked if anyone "knows" what you "can" do (assuming he meant what was legal to do).  I speed too, occasionally, that doesn't mean its legal.  And if I get caught there are consequences.  If one does not care about the consequences, why bother asking? I'm not trying to be argumentative, just accurate in response to the question given and giving a word of caution in the simple fact that the question was asked means he may be on someone's radar.  Those interested in taxidermy are not the ONLY people who peruse this site!

I do very much believe we are to hate sin and love the sinner. We just need to also understand that the sin I hate the most should be my own and the sinner I love the most should be the one who has sinned against me.
Jason Smith
Silver Member

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 01:37:58 PM »

Is that included your time?

Oklahoma law...Our time, work, and efforts dont apply to the price.Its not perfect but Its better then it was before the new law was placed in 2010.Used to be we were stuck with the mounts.
Gold Member

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 01:44:39 PM »

Thanks Jason,

not to get on anybody's nerves but lets play the what if game.

I found a huge set of mule deer antlers (meaning that it is not an oklahoma animal), and I mounted them with a montana cape, could I sell it for 400 and it still be legal?

Jason Smith
Silver Member

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 01:49:02 PM »

Thanks Jason,

not to get on anybody's nerves but lets play the what if game.

I found a huge set of mule deer antlers (meaning that it is not an oklahoma animal), and I mounted them with a montana cape, could I sell it for 400 and it still be legal?

Call this number 521-3719 and they can answer all your questions.
linder
Platinum Member

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 01:22:51 AM »

No I haven't sold anything to anyone ,I only had the one guy and he did finally pick up but I found out the hole bunch is that way and now it seams that no one will deal with them around here [G.A.] . And you have to get written permission from the DNR before you can try to recoup the money owed on a mounted head or fish.Best to be covered on depo. for your out of pocket money [any and all suppllies] and that way at worst  you'll have a display item all payed for by the customer.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: ITEMS NOT PICKED UP . « previous next »