? about removing the green tint from shells
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 10:57:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1625189 Posts in 192456 Topics by 43492 Members
Latest Member: lorensend
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Reptile Taxidermy  |  Topic: ? about removing the green tint from shells « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ? about removing the green tint from shells  (Read 867 times)
foxkidd44

« on: June 20, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »

i recently nabbed a very large snapper, 35-40 lbs live weight guesstimate,,,,and i'm keeping the shell.

the turtle shell was coverd with heavy algae.........after cleaning the meat out of the shell, i let it dry for a few days,,,,then took a wire brush and removed the algae,,,,,,,,unfoutunatly there is a olive green tint to the shell from the algae,,,,,,,is there an effective way to remove this colorization???
The Ojibwa
Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 04:47:45 PM »

a mild bleach solution should do the trick...be careful as you scrub as the scutes may come off...once dry, seal/gloss it

Ask me about custom trapper and bomber fur hats; whole sale turtle taxidermy too!
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Reptile Taxidermy  |  Topic: ? about removing the green tint from shells « previous next »