Fleshing,, how long shld it take for a white tail..
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 08:58:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1625707 Posts in 192561 Topics by 43503 Members
Latest Member: FaithFarm
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Fleshing,, how long shld it take for a white tail.. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Fleshing,, how long shld it take for a white tail..  (Read 2167 times)
jkjohn
Silver Member

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »

When I started, deer took me about 3 hours to skin off the head and get to the salted stage.  Now it takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on certain factors like if the ear is split, etc.  This year I got too busy so I hired a college student to skin and flesh for $50 a head. 
Wow It takes. Me 10 minutes to cape one off the head and 60 bucks to get it professionally tanned.
Justin P.
Platinum Member

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »

15 to 20 minutes when in the groove during the thick of deer season.
boarhunter67
Platinum Member

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 03:24:51 PM »

When I started, deer took me about 3 hours to skin off the head and get to the salted stage.  Now it takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on certain factors like if the ear is split, etc.  This year I got too busy so I hired a college student to skin and flesh for $50 a head. 
Wow It takes. Me 10 minutes to cape one off the head and 60 bucks to get it professionally tanned.

10 minutes?  Are you fleshing, turning, and salting or just freezing?  The nearest tannery from my house is 6 hours away and I'm certainly not going to mail an unsalted hide that far. 
Ron1949
Silver Member

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 10:40:14 PM »

You will get faster fleshing the more you do,the first thing I fleshed was a Havelina it stunk bad A friend of mine many years ago was teaching me in his garage,he did'nt know that much we took about 5 hours,was afraid of making cuts,you will build your confidence just be patient now I flesh a wt deer in about 30 mintutes good luck !

Ron
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Fleshing,, how long shld it take for a white tail.. « previous next »