Just wanted to share a few pics of a whitetail I just put together yesterday.
This is the first buck I've mounted on my own (100% by myself with no instructor there). I was taught well by an excellent teacher and it felt 'different' doing work without him checking on it, advising, etc. This is my 4th mount overall and the first one I've done in my own garage and not in his 'shop'.
There area few things that I'd change for next time, and I learned a lot along the way. I tried a few things out and overall am happy with the mount. This is a set of sheds I've had for years and decided to try mounting them up. Next up is a mule deer!
Needs to dry and get finish work completed. Eyes look a bit weird as some dark pigment really stands out and you'll have to excuse the eyes/nose/etc that will be finished when dried. I pinned the bottom lip as my lip slot was a bit big, but honestly dont think I needed them, just got a bit paranoid as this is the first one I've mounted myself and didnt want it moving while it was drying.
Would love any comments, suggestions, etc. Ear butts gave me a bit of grief and I'm not sure if my eyes are quite 'open' the way I wanted them, but overall it was a good learning process. Since this picture was taken I've raised up the ear butt on the right side of the head as it seemed a bit low, and have made it a little more 'subtle'.