leather zebra rug border
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 08:13:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1619289 Posts in 191468 Topics by 43274 Members
Latest Member: stainlessmike
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: leather zebra rug border « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: leather zebra rug border  (Read 1106 times)
R.J. Meyer II
Gold Member

« on: May 21, 2012, 01:46:27 PM »

Looking for recommendations on where to find the flat thin leather edging that most use on zebra rugs. It is to be sewn on and is black.  I do not know what it it called to search for it.  I have tried binding, edging, border by with no results.  I have four rugs to do and am in need of this leather.  Thanks  
Jerry Huffaker
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 02:18:28 PM »

Black colored buckskin
oldmantwo
Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 06:52:38 PM »

You can dye most colors black with leather dye with good results. Check with Tandy Leather Company. If you can't find a number, text me and I will give you a number. They will ship it out promptly for you. Hope this helps!
gtout
Bronze Member

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »

I buy black half skins from a Tandy distributor.  The last one was about $75.  I use a rotary cutter to cut strips. You could send your rugs to me and I will do them!
Gail Tout
T-Basix Rugmaking
520-790-1054
Major
Silver Member

New Mexico.....Not much different than the old one

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 10:43:22 PM »

Gail did two for me and they were absolutely perfect. I couldn't dream of doing something like that as well as Gail did for us. When it comes to rugs and stuff like that, send them out.
R.J. Meyer II
Gold Member

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »

Major, her work is very nice. We have a large studio and an industrial sewing machine. Losts of money to be made doing your own bear rugs in house with the right equipment. Grab a pinking machine and a quality sewing machine all under $2800.00 and forget the shipping two ways, boxing and cost ro rugger and pocket the profits. 
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: leather zebra rug border « previous next »