Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 10:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1597557 Posts in 188344 Topics by 42667 Members
Latest Member: Howling-Tanuki
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Starting over « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Starting over  (Read 878 times)
fourrifles
Bronze Member

« on: June 02, 2012, 07:06:17 PM »

My latest promotion at work involved breaking up my department and sending my own job offshore. As expected, I was laid off yesterday.

Rather than lay around wondering what to do next, I took pre-emptive action and have enrolled in an eight week taxidermy school. Classes start June 11, and I am excited to start this new phase of my life. I will be moving to a new state and starting fresh.

I have been reading, watching videos, and gaining knowledge from this site for several months now; also dinking around with a few projects (with help from this site) and look forward to being a more active participant in the future. Just want to thank all of you for the knowledge you pass on to us newcomers, along with the opportunity to be better taxidermists.

Ron
silverman
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 07:49:14 PM »

Take notes and get alot of reference photos,also Rick Carters dvd .good luck and enjoy !!
                                                                                                                                   Ron
Recdec1
Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:32:34 PM »

Sorry to hear about the job loss.  I to needed change s while back n finally took the plunge and went to taxi school.  Learned some amazing thing and meet some even better people.  Taxidermy its so much fun at school, when you got the teach to fix, then you get home and your on your own.  First few mounts gave me knots in my stomache. Starting to truly enjoy the new trade.  Now I just gotta get good at it.

Some Jobs To Small, Many Jobs To Big
DavidB
Gold Member

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 09:58:56 PM »

Good luck on your new adventrue and welcome to the madness.
fourrifles
Bronze Member

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:39:39 AM »

This job loss was expected; I had a choice a year ago to get laid off then or take a manager position and dismantle my department. I knew then the layoff was coming so I've been able to plan for it. Got all my debt gone, paid for school, got a house and 40 acres bought and paid for, and enough money left to build and equip a shop. Sending my own job offashore sucks but what do you do? I chose to get paid for the extra year, and pump it into a new career. Now it's up to me to make things work. After 30 years, I'll finally work at something I like to do.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Starting over « previous next »