If you did a Combined Artist Piece.......
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 06:04:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1573109 Posts in 184652 Topics by 42021 Members
Latest Member: Tgm
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: If you did a Combined Artist Piece....... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: If you did a Combined Artist Piece.......  (Read 2982 times)
Michael Butler
Platinum Member

Don't look at me.....

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »

Nah, All those put together wouldn't equal, the" OLE Boss" and Stewy... ;D

LOL.. True! I imagine those us of us having been blessed with working there know what it is like to work with those types on a regular basis..
Skywalker
Platinum Member

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 02:42:01 PM »

I had a hoot working with the "ole boss"! But then again I wasn't there that long. Thanks for those that thought I would be a worthy coworker. My last combined project was with one of my favorite taxidermists!  8)

* P2050827.jpg (62.69 kB, 640x480 - viewed 364 times.)

I can`t complain,but sometimes I still do!-Joe Walsh
DavidB
Gold Member

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 02:44:59 PM »

That was a beautiful piece and she is very talented.
RDA
Platinum Member

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »

I too had a HOOT working there Ken!  And working with you!  as i recall we did a couple of "combined" pieces that are STILL gallery shots there..;-)

NEVADA WILDLIFE STUDIO

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GASASS MALINGERERS

In HONOR of Mr SIMON T. BLACKSHAW, ARTIST SUPREME!  1957-2011
Skywalker
Platinum Member

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »

Yes we did, as a matter of fact! The Leopard and guinea fowl is still my favorite.

sugar creek taxidermy studio
Silver Member

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2012, 01:06:22 AM »

Well, looks like I would have to get in line but hands down........Kenny Walker...a true inspiration and a man in my opinion who has no ego........Marco

Michael Butler
Platinum Member

Don't look at me.....

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 09:02:48 AM »

You should see Walker chase an armadillo through the Texas brush with a pistol in hand! Makes for great entertainment!
charlie
Gold Member

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 12:07:00 PM »

For me being a nobody id probably have to pick a bunch of nobodys LOL. But if I had the opportunity Id love to work with Phil Soucey  as he is one of my Mt Lion Taxidermy Idols , Ray Hatfield , well he is just one of my Idols period and love all his taxidermy work, Dennis Harris is one talented sob and love his artistic visions , and Michael P just because he is funny as hell . It would be a taxidermy dream come true to just work with one of the guys I listed . Oh crap I almost forgot about Walker, I actually got to sit in on a semnar once with him doing a grizz in Idaho , only competition I have been too . 
Skywalker
Platinum Member

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 03:04:31 PM »

That is kind of you Marco. Whenever the line gets too long I just put on my Hannibal Lecter T-shirt. Shortens the line. And Mike, I did let the air out of that Dillo!

KMA
Platinum Member

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »

I have been fortunate to have put many birds together with much better taxidermists than myself.  These combined artist pieces are always exciting and seem to always produce a higher level of mount that's for sure.

The hip folks call this "synergy" which is defined as "The interaction of two or more bird taxi's that when combined produce a total effect that is greater than the sum of the individuals themselves."

So, for me I still need to make time before I die to get in the truck with Kent Reedy, pick up Shane Smith and head up to Randy Terry's shop and put something together with yet another group of taxidermists that are much better than myself.  
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: If you did a Combined Artist Piece....... « previous next »