My letter to the NTABOD's.........where is yours??
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 11:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1624789 Posts in 192396 Topics by 43477 Members
Latest Member: EmberDog
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: My letter to the NTABOD's.........where is yours?? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: My letter to the NTABOD's.........where is yours??  (Read 4608 times)
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« on: May 14, 2013, 03:35:18 PM »

To: archiephillips08@yahoo.com; cjanelli59@aol.com; bhay@numail.org; sinclairsjj@aol.com; dave@davehaletaxidermy.com; bowhunter65@yahoo.com; jordantaxidermy@yahoo.com; tinkerstaxidermy@aol.com; kinchel3@att.net; mitcher64@yahoo.com; info@second2naturesupply.com; marylou.crabtree@gmail.com; knights@alaska.net; prairiedrifter@hughs.net; dixieman@otelco.net; ntahq@aol.com
 Subject: BOD's what's next?
 Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 14:14:53 -0500

When will an entire board wake up?  How long will this go on?  For years those asking questions have simply been cast off or labeled 'malcontents'.  These malcontents are your industry and now by the end of this week you will have several states labeled as malcontents as they cast off your Executive director & his wife from their state shows.....THE INDUSTRY IS SICK OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cindy Crain, I was, as was everybody else nice to you this weekend, I even shook your mothers hand.  I saw you bolt from that booth when those papers were delivered as was many other witnesses.  What were you running from?  WHY on earth if there was a reason to 'escape' did you leave your mother sitting there?!

Bill Haynes, I emailed you this morning asking why you all did this and you said you had nothing to do with it.  I told you of a conversation that a group of us had with Kathy Blomquist in the supply area later that evening and she politely stated that she was a little beside herself because she and Larry had peronally asked that Cindy not come to their show as they feared a problem just such as this could arise.  You told me 'Kathy would NOT tell Cindy not to come.  They are good friends'.  Now I find out that not only did they ask her not to come, they sent a documented email asking her not to come!  So are Kathy & Larry now liar's Mr. Haynes, or are you?

Tinker Johnson.  I called you once and you told me on several occasions 'I am a hillbilly and this is how I do things'.......I sure am damn glad that Mr. Janelli did not act like a hillbilly when the selfish attempt to discredit and embarrasse him at the World Taxidermy Show presented itself.  Tinker you also told me that the NTA is a 'private organization' that is above Federal & State law.  I do not know who fed you that bull s*** but i'm gonna inform you of something that even a simple hillbilly can understand........you are NOT above this industrys self imposed World Show etiquette law and there is an entire industry that is pissed.

Greg & Cindy, you have crossed many lines, but your combined actions at the Worlds has crossed the threshold of decency.

Greg Crain, I do have a question.  Last year at your show you handed out flyers to hotel staff & security  with Fred & Harry's picture on them and informed them that these were two very dangerous men that had threatened harm and were a threat to security of all NTA members......yet last week you sent your wife and her mother alone, without protection, to be in the same room where you knew these two men would also be standing.  Many times just a few short feet away from your wife.  How/why could a husband send his wife into what you said less than a year ago was an imminent threat?  Are you sure your mind is stable enough to make decisions for an industrys organization after clearly it does not have the God given common sense to make a decision regarding your wife & mother in-laws personal safety given your personal feelings of fear at the hands of Fred & Harry.

Mrs Marylou Crabtree, could you ever imagine Mr. Audie putting you in such a position?  Neither could we, he wouldn't.  But your executive Director put his wife there.

Mrs. Crain, you saw that room, you saw the suppliers, you saw the almost 500 piece comp room and you saw the 1200 in family and participants that showed up.  You and your husband could have had that. ALL OF THAT.  But the consistent bullying of board members, attempts at discrediting heroed taxidermist's who had simple 'questions' turned people away.  It is you and your husbands actions against others that has brought shame to an entire industry.

NTABOD's, you know that it would take no less than 4 NTA shows to create the magnitude of just that one show last weekend.  Do you realize that there were more people at that one show  than the combineD NTA membership, life members included!  The NTA is not dead, but it's on life support.  After that little stunt pulled this weekend you have lost any heartbeat you had left.

It's time to stop using those dumb a** terms such as malcontents and disgraced former member.  One of those disgraced former members was one of the top judges in the masters division at the Worlds....a show 4 times bigger than Mr. Crain could dream of putting on after years of manipulations and threats. Stop letting him make you people look like puppets.  It's not the economy as he likes to tell you, Larry Blomquist just had his biggest show ever!!  Why can't the NTA?  Because the industry does not trust Greg & Cindy Crain or the people backing him.......THEY ARE SICK OF IT!

The industry is sick of the Crains, NTABOD's, do not let them get sick of you too.  It's time to fire them and move forward.  If they threaten litigation, let them sue, then the books will have to opened for the defense and world to see.

Set the industry free, let the NTA flourish.........FIRE THEM!

Sincerely,
 Michael P. Schlabach

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
antlerman
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 04:40:51 PM »

I spent the weekend listening to many who are disappointed that our industries association is no longer an association for our industry. Many are hurt, some are sad, most are angry. I was asked many times, are we going to kill the NTA? Some seem to think we can and should while others hope we don't, but the common thread amongst most was simply PLEASE get rid of the Crains. I have not the power to correct or fix anything, only report what I find and what I hear. I have spent countless hours reading searching and questioning, but have nothing to show for it other than more questions without answers. Questions that some seem to be allowed to avoid answering. Does not the membership deserve those answers? Why is it that my membership is being denied when I witnessed Cindy signing up new members all weekend without board approval yet when I was asked to join and my identity revealed I was told I had to get board approval. Not that I expect anything differently, I've become accustom to it but is this really an association of our industry that I proudly am a part of? Mr. Larry has never treated me with any sort of prejudice. He was very gracious towards me all weekend long. I felt honored to be there as well as excepted. Is it really a board decision? If so, why can't the board make a decision about me?  It would seem that a decision has already been made, but no-one will inform me. With all that said; the same question arises about the current E.D. from those with whom I've spoken. When will the board make a decision to stop the things that have turned the membership away from this association? I have done the association no harm, nor do I intend to. However can the same be said about Greg and Cindy Crain?  Evidence says not. For the last several months we have been active in reporting our findings. Findings that leave many questions unanswered. Is this really an association of the members industry? I for one think not. Many have signed petition letters to have the inner workings of the NTA investigated by the authorities. An action we will continue to pursue, but doesn't the question of why so many unanswered questions leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth? I would surely hope so. The time has come for the board to listen to and hear the memberships voice. The voice that says; Fire the Crains or let the NTA die on the vine. That is the choices you have. The membership is done. They are tired of the continued scepticism over how things are being ran. Their trust of the board and HQ has diminished completely. I say these things not as a Keyboard Cowboy, but as a reporting concerned taxidermist. Will the board listen? I sure hope so. The time is now to resurrect the NTA. Baton Rouge will be a buzzing in July if but one thing happens between now and then. The voices of reason have spoken. It is time to fire the Crains and rebuild the NTA. Otherwise I don't think many will be in Baton Rouge come July. Save the Crains or save the Industries Association. That choice is yours Board of Directors.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:47:02 PM by antlerman » Logged
Ted Befus
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 04:56:35 PM »

Here's my simple solution. BURN this [expletive deleted] to the ground

Some people make me laugh.....AT THEM
taxi_grl_ga
Platinum Member

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 06:41:25 PM »

Hey Mikey, is it ok for me to copy and paste the addresses you posted into my address bar?? (i don't think I have all of the necessary recipients in my contact list)

aaaaaand here is a copy of my letter:

Dear NTA Board of Directors,

I would like to start off by stating openly how proud I am of President John Janelli for showcasing true grace under fire at the World Taxidermy Championships show this past weekend. His reaction to being publicly embarrassed AGAIN was one which I would expect from a true leader and is commendable. I would also like to state that I sincerely hope the despicable actions carried out against him while representing your association on the show floor by your own staff and fellow board member(s) got your full and undivided attention. I can see from several posts on the forum of Taxidermy.net that is has in fact not only gotten the attention of, but has also spurred many individuals and state association presidents to act negatively in your favor that were idly watching or even neutral beforehand. This should outrage you to your very core if youve any interest in a positive future for the NTA. I feel that Greg Crain, Cindy Crain, Tinker Johnson, Bill Haynes and any others found to be involved should be relieved of their current positions and denied any future NTA affiliation immediately and permanently. If theyre lacking in respect for the association enough to organize such a grand scene at one of the most revered taxidermy shows in the world, then who is to say there will never be a repeat display? Being a young taxidermist, I hate to see such a stain on an association that was founded around educating artists like myself...its discouraging to say the least. I want opportunities, not corruption. I want growth, not mismanagement. I want to be a proud NTA member one day and know that any accomplishments I achieve through my associations competitions and information gained at seminar attendance will be just as valid the day that I retire as they were the day that they were earned. I would like an honorable association, and that can only come from the efforts of honorable people. Honor does not come without bravery, and there will always be strength in numbers. Stand behind your president, stand with your members.

Sincerely,
                                                                         -Janna   

Hoytman
Platinum Member

UTA Member

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »

Cut the money and the NTA will die, Plain and simple, If you want to be part of a taxidermy organization.. Join the UTA, I joined the UTA as it seems like a good organization, money well spent, and the money going in the hands of what I feel are responsible people.. This will be on a year to year basis as I think people or organizations can change in a lifetime.. (look at this mess). Again, stop feeding the hand that slaps you in the face.. it will dry up, it will be gone, and it will be History.. Too easy..

UTA Member
michael p.
Platinum Member

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 06:54:25 PM »

Yes Janna you can...Jesse, most have.

Not lookin' ahead to see
C.C.
taxi_grl_ga
Platinum Member

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 07:01:20 PM »

thank you!
nalley1952
Silver Member

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 07:43:16 PM »

I sent one a few weeks ago advising them how shameful the NTA was acting.  The only ones to respond were the Janelli's!!!!  Not one other response!
Tri-Ponds Taxidermy
Gold Member

Summer is coming ,,,

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 09:06:29 PM »

You can all us this link,

http://www.tri-ponds.com/index_075.htm

It has all the e mails, But opps forgot to put HQ on there.

Gregg Ielfield

"And I buy the bar a double round of Crown,
And everybody's getting down,
THIS TOWN AIN'T EVERY GONNA BE THE SAME!!!!
Justin S
Platinum Member

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 10:15:20 PM »

I emailed all of them a few weeks ago and got about 6 replys back.  4 members that I feel can truely make a difference, one stating he doesnt use the internet much and had no time to answer questions, and one that I felt was kind of trying to threaten me for asking questions.  I hope one day the NTA will be strong, but for now I will wait and see, but there will have to be changes before they ever get any of my hard earned dollars. 
James Parrish
Platinum Member

Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 10:27:37 PM »

Dear NTA BOD,

I am writing to express my concerns over the current state of affairs within the organization.  What once was a thriving association serving the interests of all taxidermists has become a withering shell of itself that serves the interests of a few.  What's worse is the fact that those who have dared to question the status quo have been ostracized, intimidated, and just plain ignored.  The number of board members that have resigned or been forced out is but one harbinger of the turmoil plaguing the NTA.

While I do not have facts to support any wrongdoing by the Executive Director, Membership Management, or certain Board Members, there is enough evidence being offered by others to at least warrant a full inquiry into these matters.  At the very least, the Board should direct the Executive Director to make available to any concerned parties all financial records of the NTA without requiring said parties to jump through a long series of hoops.

As for the accusations against John Janelli, I believe them to be false.  I believe that John has the best interests of the NTA as his main objective and I fully support him.  The act of "serving" Mr. Janelli with quasi-legal papers written on Tinker's Taxidermy letterhead at the World Show is down right classless.  Further, cancelling his NTA issued credit card while he was on a flight to Reno to represent our organization at the SCI show was plain despicable.  Those who participated in that act have absolutely no business serving on the leadership of any organization.

In conclusion, I am saddened with the current state of the NTA.  Now is the time to right the ship before it sinks altogether.  Each of you holds the power to do just that and leave a legacy for yourself as having been the ones who helped turn the organization around for the good of all taxidermists.  The alternative is to allow the Executive Director, his wife, and a select few board members to continue down the spiraling path the NTA is on, leaving a broken organization as your legacy.  Further, let me remind each of you that you are bound by law to do your fiduciary duty to the organization and its membership.  That duty includes investigating all claims of mismanagement by the Crains, regardless of your relationship with them.  To do otherwise opens you up to possible criminal charges as an accomplice.  Your attendance or lack thereof at the May 17-18 meeting will show which side you are on.   

Sincerely,
James Parrish

"Open a can of bondo breathe deep and remember why you got into this business in the first place."   TnT

http://www.newlifetaxidermy.com/blog  Visit my blog for taxidermy tips and tutorials.
John C
Platinum Member

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 11:13:46 PM »

Huntin Justin, I know I have not received any email from you.

James Parish so noted.
michael p.
Platinum Member

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 12:21:59 AM »

Damn James.... you need to be a biographer!!

The emails and replies have begun, it's closer & closer. Unlike Mr. Crain said, 'THE NTA NEEDS TO  HIDE INFO FROM THE ENEMIES!!!  (BYW, WTF says that running a not for profit? Idiot :) )

The truth will set you free!!

Bill, you DO UNDERSTAND that the NTABOD's is a continuous action.  One's actions reflect another's.

Instead of stating what you did, why not state 'I will look into the actions taken at the 'Taxidermy World Show' and end it.

The term of defiance is OVER.  The year of coming to grips has just begun.  Every board member will treat practicing Taxidermist, such as Janna, with respect.  The time of telling Taxidermist's in Canada and others to 'keep your opinion in your own country' has come to an end.

There is a new decorum and respect that will be presented to the entire taxidermy industry by a National Taxidermist Director. You represent not just the NTA, but an INDUSTRY!

Mr. Bill, change is around the corner.  The realm of bullying is gone and the time of welcoming has begun. Please adjust your attitude to the future, not the past.

Sincerely,
Michael P. Schlabach

To: foxys.taxidermy@gmail.com; ielfield@frontiernet.net; tthacker@frontiernet.net; michaelschlabach@hotmail.com; archiephillips08@yahoo.com; cjanelli59@aol.com; sinclairsjj@aol.com; dave@davehaletaxidermy.com; bowhunter65@yahoo.com; jordantaxidermy@yahoo.com; tinkerstaxidermy@aol.com; kinchel3@att.net; mitcher64@yahoo.com; info@second2naturesupply.com; marylou.crabtree@gmail.com; knights@alaska.net; prairiedrifter@hughs.net; dixieman@otelco.net; ntahq@aol.com
Subject: Re: NTA BOD: Please take the following into consideration...
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 21:11:03 -0400

Dear Foxy
You don't know me from Adam's house cat. You also don't know crap about what goes on in the NTA. Please, in the future,
leave my name out of your emails.  "I want to be a proud NAT member one day " tells me you are not a member of the NTA, never have
been one, and are not inclined to be one, yet you can pass judgement and criticism on people you have never met, and don't intend
on meeting.
 I was not at the WTC, yet you find no problem including me in your diatribe. Take my name out of your email address book, and don't
email me again.
Bill Haynes
NTA Board Member

----- Original Message -----
To: ielfield@frontiernet.net ; Tim Thacker ; michaelschlabach@hotmail.com ; archiephillips08@yahoo.com ; cjanelli59@aol.com ; bhay@numail.org ; sinclairsjj@aol.com ; dave@davehaletaxidermy.com ; bowhunter65@yahoo.com ; jordantaxidermy@yahoo.com ; tinkerstaxidermy@aol.com ; kinchel3@att.net ; mitcher64@yahoo.com ; info@second2naturesupply.com ; marylou.crabtree@gmail.com ; knights@alaska.net ; prairiedrifter@hughs.net ; dixieman@otelco.net ; ntahq@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:00 PM
Subject: NTA BOD: Please take the following into consideration...

Dear
  NTA Board of Directors,

I
  would like to start off by stating openly how proud I am of President John
  Janelli for showcasing true grace under fire at the World Taxidermy
  Championships show this past weekend. His reaction to being publicly
  embarrassed AGAIN was one which I would expect from a true leader and is
  commendable. I would also like to state that I sincerely hope the despicable
  actions carried out against him while representing your association on the
  show floor by your own staff and fellow board member(s) got your full and
  undivided attention. I can see from several posts on the forum of
  Taxidermy.net that is has in fact not only gotten the attention of, but has
  also spurred many individuals and state association presidents to act
  negatively in your favor that were idly watching or even neutral beforehand.
  This should outrage you to your very core if you've any interest in a positive
  future for the NTA. I feel that Greg Crain, Cindy Crain, Tinker Johnson,
  Bill Haynes and any others found to be involved should be relieved of their
  current positions and denied any future NTA affiliation immediately and
  permanently. If theyre lacking in respect for the association enough to
  organize such a grand scene at one of the most revered taxidermy shows in the
  world, then who is to say there will never be a repeat display? Being a young
  taxidermist, I hate to see such a stain on an association that was founded
  around educating artists like myself...its discouraging to say the least. I
  want opportunities, not corruption. I want growth, not mismanagement. I want
  to be a proud NTA member one day and know that any accomplishments I achieve
  through my associations competitions and information gained at seminar
  attendance will be just as valid the day that I retire as they were the day
  that they were earned. I would like an honorable association, and that can
  only come from the efforts of honorable people. Honor does not come without
  bravery, and there will always be strength in numbers. Stand behind your
  president, stand with your members.

Sincerely,

-Janna

Not lookin' ahead to see
C.C.
Justin S
Platinum Member

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 05:53:26 AM »

Huntin Justin, I know I have not received any email from you.

John, I know JJ said some of my email addresses were old and he would forward the email on but you might have been missed.  I see your email above and can forward you my email.  Thanks for letting me know. 

Justin
bmdakk (Bryan)
Platinum Member

Report to moderator

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 09:20:44 AM »

CURRENTLY ON LINE: 162 Guests, 129 Users
bmdakk (Bryan), Glen L, goosegunner3, Keeshadilla, HOOKJAW, Kraig, Bluewolfcheetah, smittys llc, brigham boy, muskrat man, ELMER GANTRY, Johnny Wishbone, Scoffey575, Buckhorn TS, Ron F, drewt202, george p, heatherc., WST, duckhntr594, Grandulln, Jim Willard, newbirdman, SpringCreek94, Sikk, mayermark, Chad's Taxidermy WI., arby, manzquad, Rich P., Webster, MR. Brad, Wild Heritage, Cory, wet9500, Doug Montgomery, MITCHELL4, DJ II, hidenorhair, Five-O Taxidermy, smillsap, Buddha14524, NJLungbuster, Hovland, Perca, RandyB423, rossco, Hillbillywilly, Hendrix, Fowl Water, Lefty, Kerby Ross, BUCKHUNTER15, taxi_grl_ga, WPTAX, Safari12, Cripplecreek, Rimrock Tannery, DeRayle, Haz, ericfamilee, dipper, Kings Of The North Taxidermy, fishindad, Jared Green, Fawn, featherman, JBL, paulbunyan, Cole, josh s., Carl Wurm, WildlifeLegends, Driftless, Sarmite, ram, James Parrish, wildwoodpark, toms, Michael B, DOUG H, Andy, snowkillerlssu, mark73, Dritt, Tim, jimbo72, OutdoorCreations, solocam79, Lpoe, highlander, Bill Dishman, osbornetaxidermy, Wildside, Bill Haynes, Kendall, eagleone, Mike S., 1fish2fish, Lutzy3, Grummpy, NJ Eric, Matt Marulli (OTT), Jeff Glaid, Jason O, CJ64, Pheasant-Hollow, GATORTRAX, kes, shadowride69, Instructor, hunter4ever, noid, pats.pets, beagleboy6, 4buck, gitrdonerighttaxidermy, jwool, capnmike, jbhunter86, ZT8120, kbcountry, J Brown II, Dangitboy, KLibby, Desert View, wwkfish, sierra_moon, charlie w

NEUTERING YOUR PET MAKES THEM LESS NUTS!!!!!!!!

You can't cure stupid, but stupid eventually cures itself.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: My letter to the NTABOD's.........where is yours?? « previous next »