The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #35 June 1st 2007- June 7th 2007
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2017, 01:29:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1774921 Posts in 220201 Topics by 48677 Members
Latest Member: amac92
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #35 June 1st 2007- June 7th 2007 « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #35 June 1st 2007- June 7th 2007  (Read 14719 times)
Vellu
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 08:01:03 AM »

Here is some  Yellow Perchs .1100g and 250g :-\

* ahvenet1.JPG (19.05 kB, 519x373 - viewed 1320 times.)
Craig R
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2007, 12:29:35 PM »

Great looking fish this week. Wow on the Smallie, Gary. And that Marlin is the best looking one I have ever seen. Absolutely STUNNING.

Walleyes, stripers, king salmon, even family portraits...it just doesn't get much better than this.

If a liberal whines in the woods and nobody's around to hear it, does it still get a handout?
Bruce Foster

Email
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 12:01:13 AM »

Hi All,well the Marlin fishing has really slowed down here in NewZealand,I have just finished that 354kg Blue Marlin,heres the finished product,all coments welcome.
Cheers Kevin

Kevin...........Super job!!!!!!!........it's so nice to see great work beyond the normal fish species that are usuals here......mastering pelagics is truely mastering fish taxidermy.......the molding, casting, finishing and final finish are far beyond what most can comprehend.........and I can tell, that by the time a large % of fish taxidermists were waiting for their pre finished fish blank to arrive, you could have finished 5-6 of those Blue Marlin........I need to move to NZ......arrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh
Hawaiian Game Fish
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 12:58:05 AM »

been working on a lot of fish as of lately and was looking forward on contributing and sharing my latest work. I would like to mention that Jeff Lumsdens Liquid Scales is the ultimate to work with! It is easy to work with and the scale brilliance is outstanding! I used it full strenght on a few fish and also watered it down on the fish that the scales were more transparent.

I definitly endorse Jeff's Liquid scales and for all of you who love to paint fish, this is the stuff! Now if I can only get the patience & precision USD has on his steel heads with the Liquid scales

Here are a few of my experiment with Liquid Scales

Red Parrot Fish - Full strenght mixture

Male Blue Parrot Fish- Thinned down mixture of liquid scales

Hawaiian Game Fish
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 01:02:11 AM »

Here are a few more fish I did within the last two weeks using Jeff's Liquid scales in different techniques

Here is an African Pompano I did and sparyed the Liquid scales on with my airbrush

I used the liquid scale full strenght on this Ehu or Red Snapper

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 01:37:50 AM by Hawaiian Game Fish » Logged

makoman
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 02:26:16 AM »

Hi Bruce ,Cheers mate ,I've got this 257kg Broardbill to do,what a beast!!! 800mm around infront of the tail,I molded it with a radical bend in it so when it's on the wall both pec's are full!!I would love to do a 3D hanger just need someone to want it like that.All great down here !!My son is in his first season as a deckhand on Striker captained by Bruce Smith who used to captain the famous boat Lady Dorren,Hows it with you??
 Layne,Kiora great fish mate wouldn't mind trying some of that liquid scales on some of the fish we get down here !! Well back to my other passion ,Custom Van
Cheers Kevin
Hawaiian Game Fish
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 02:27:55 AM »

Hi All,well the Marlin fishing has really slowed down here in NewZealand,I have just finished that 354kg Blue Marlin,heres the finished product,all coments welcome.
Cheers Kevin

Very Natural looking Blue Marlin! Awesome job on the painting!

Hawaiian Game Fish
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 02:52:08 AM »

Hi Bruce ,Cheers mate ,I've got this 257kg Broardbill to do,what a beast!!! 800mm around infront of the tail,I molded it with a radical bend in it so when it's on the wall both pec's are full!!I would love to do a 3D hanger just need someone to want it like that.All great down here !!My son is in his first season as a deckhand on Striker captained by Bruce Smith who used to captain the famous boat Lady Dorren,Hows it with you??
 Layne,Kiora great fish mate wouldn't mind trying some of that liquid scales on some of the fish we get down here !! Well back to my other passion ,Custom Van
Cheers Kevin

Thanks for nice comment Kevin!
Whoa! You mold big fish! One of these days I hope to take on a molding project as big as you do! I love molding fish!

Aloha from Hawaii
Layne

makoman
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 06:57:33 AM »

Layne I was in Hawaii for 9 months 1999-2000 sailed from here and after 33 days found paradise!!! (you just don't know how lucky you are mate)  to coin a great KIWI  saying,Didn't make it to the Big Island but got out of Honolulu to Lahaina for awhile ,totally stunned to witness the weighing of a 27lb Striped Marlin !!!down here nothing under 90kg /198lbs is weighed,(marlin wise) now some taxidermy company on the mainland would have got the job of mounting that fish(like Greys,etc)NON artistic mass produced ,unskilled fakes !!! How come you don't get BIG fish to mount??? Big Blues off Kona??
Cheers Kevin
big al

Email
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 12:58:49 PM »

SWEET
Hawaiian Game Fish
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007, 01:25:30 PM »

Layne I was in Hawaii for 9 months 1999-2000 sailed from here and after 33 days found paradise!!! (you just don't know how lucky you are mate)  to coin a great KIWI  saying,Didn't make it to the Big Island but got out of Honolulu to Lahaina for awhile ,totally stunned to witness the weighing of a 27lb Striped Marlin !!!down here nothing under 90kg /198lbs is weighed,(marlin wise) now some taxidermy company on the mainland would have got the job of mounting that fish(like Greys,etc)NON artistic mass produced ,unskilled fakes !!! How come you don't get BIG fish to mount??? Big Blues off Kona??
Cheers Kevin

Howzit Kevin

Glad to hear you experienced our islands! It is also beautiful country from where you are too!

As for the big fish over in Kona, the charter captains of the marlins boats are all tied in with Gray's.
I was told that Gray's  gives a  5 figure start up commission  to the captains and also a huge one on the fish mounts themselves.

Once when I was in Kona, I saw a team of Grays people who flew down from Florida mold a Blue Marlin right on the dock!

I am not really concerned about Grays taking all the business as I am satisfied doing fish as an art and not a commercially made product. I beleive I am an artist first and not much of a business man anyway. I truly believe that God will always provide and not let my family starve or not pay the bills. Somehow fate in the Lord has always prevailed for us Luna's.

One day,  I would like to mold something of epic proportions! I will be in touch with you on advice on how to turn one of these huge fish to mold the other half!

Aloha from Hilo Hawaii! Sun is shining and it is a good day to fiberglass a fish blank!
Layne

Rick Krane
Platinum Member

Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 10:03:56 AM »

Well as the week comes to a close we sure have had some tremendous fish this week!
Big thanks for all who come here to share and also to come and just enjoy the views from the top of the fish world!

Kevin!!!! What a giant Blue! Spectacular my friend! I really love the depth of the tones I see! The eye set has that sweeeeeet roll to it great work!!!

Hyv huomenta to you Vellu! Thank you for joining us here and for showing your beautiful Perch! The presentation is very pleasing and this is a good showing for all of us to enjoy! Thank you and welcome!

Layne!!!! Man oh man brother your work is so beautiful!!! I love the colorful fish !!! Jeff Liquid Scales are totally awesome!!! I incorporated them on that striper I posted earlier they are tremendous! Speaking of that so are you my friend! I hope your week is filled with new learning and lots of inspiration!

Well the week is not over yet ands I hope t see a few cool fish pics here! Have a great week and thank you all for being so generous with your talents!

Your friend
Rick

Join us for Anglers Artistry's Big Announcement! Click the Banner for more information:

www.anglersartistry.com/store/
Please like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry
Hawaiian Game Fish
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »

Hey Brother Rick

Thank you for the nice comments!
I  realize I need a ton of work and improvement on my fin painting. I have been struggling with getting my pectoral fins looking natural and it seems some times I get it  and most other times I dont.

It is a welcomed burden to continue on this quest of learning more and to strive in  improving my fish painting, I am enjoying this renewed energy!

Have a great day
Layne

Aaron Stehling
Platinum Member

Stehling's Taxidermy

WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007, 09:56:07 PM »

Here is a a true monster for you. A 37 " walleye repro, 26" girth . Caught on the Columbia River.
Blank could be a zander? not sure, but we sure did have trouble finding a fish big enough.
It had distinctive white along the edge of the ventral fins, as well as some dark spots mixed in with the lighter background markings.
It had dark, perch like bars as our paint job shows.

Stehling's Taxidermy LLC
780 North Parkway Street
Jefferson, WI 53549
Main Office  920.674.3724

www.stehlingstaxidermy.com

Learn Taxidermy Online www.taxidermyinsider.com

Gobblingfever
Platinum Member

100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

Email
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2007, 11:24:14 AM »

Just wondering what is this liquid scales is? Know nothing about fish taxi and seen the cool painting.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #35 June 1st 2007- June 7th 2007 « previous next »
Jump to: