Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 10:01:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1605966 Posts in 189458 Topics by 42875 Members
Latest Member: thewolfandi
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: ANGLERS ARTISTRY RECENT STUDENT WORK 2006-2012! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 ... 94 Print
Author Topic: ANGLERS ARTISTRY RECENT STUDENT WORK 2006-2012!  (Read 336358 times)
Stan N
Bronze Member

« Reply #1185 on: November 03, 2011, 11:33:41 PM »

Cool headmount Jimmy! where does someone get a brooktrout like that one?
Stan

Proud member of the Anglers Artistry fishhead family!
JeffC
Silver Member

« Reply #1186 on: November 04, 2011, 07:53:58 AM »

The Brookie came from "disabled" on here. He has very nice trout. If anyone needs one, I'm sure he can hook you up.

Stan N
Bronze Member

« Reply #1187 on: November 04, 2011, 01:04:58 PM »

I  pm the guy but jeff how big was the one you posted? that is a beast!
Stan

Proud member of the Anglers Artistry fishhead family!
Travis Jones
Platinum Member

« Reply #1188 on: November 06, 2011, 08:15:52 PM »

Whats up Krane Gang?  ;D  I see you all are still putting out tip top work. Keep it up!!!

Heres my latest. A 44" Rockfish (suprise suprise right?) A Bruce Foster blank. These striped bass and lmbs keep me busy.

Travis Jones
Platinum Member

« Reply #1189 on: November 06, 2011, 08:35:39 PM »

Just for the fun of it I figured I show a little more of my recent art work. Here's some pics of last weeks halloween party and my costume. I dressed as Chad Grey, the lead singer of the metal band MuDvAyNe. Since most of you probably don't know who they are here are a couple of my pics I used for reference. Reference is key right?

Chad is the Silver faced guy with the blue hair.

I had absolutely know one that was willing to help me so all but spraying my hair blue was done by me.
Here's me getting ready.

Here's a finished close up.

My silver turned out a little whiter than I wanted but it did the job. The bullet hole, I made from about six layers of fin backing cream and as it was almost ready to set I used a tooth pick to create the hole. Then a little acrylic paint, face paint and fake blood it was all done.

Heres a couple more to add.

Big thanks to Shawn for the help!!!!!!

spcantwell
Bronze Member

« Reply #1190 on: November 07, 2011, 08:42:40 AM »

SWEET!!!!   Travis that costume came out great 

Salmon Egg Studios
Anglers Artistry Family Member since 2008
Rick Krane
Platinum Member

Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

« Reply #1191 on: November 08, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »

Travis!!!! Man that is cool to a whole new level! Your talents are boundless!!! Thanks for checking in? Ya coming up this summer? We'll go chase Northen's !( Pike not the people)! LOL!

Rick

Join us for Anglers Artistry's Big Announcement! Click the Banner for more information:

www.anglersartistry.com/store/
Please like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry
spcantwell
Bronze Member

« Reply #1192 on: November 08, 2011, 08:21:26 AM »

Travis!!!! Man that is cool to a whole new level! Your talents are boundless!!! Thanks for checking in? Ya coming up this summer? We'll go chase Northen's !( Pike not the people)! LOL!

Rick

he needs to come up in the winter so we can go chase some steelheads!!!!!

Salmon Egg Studios
Travis Jones
Platinum Member

« Reply #1193 on: November 10, 2011, 08:22:48 AM »

Rick

Northerns or steelies would be fine with me. Rainbows, brookies, smallies, lakers hell its all good to me.   If I can get some money together I may come see you guys soon. 

Mountain Ed
Platinum Member

« Reply #1194 on: November 10, 2011, 11:22:33 AM »

Travis and Shawn, yuo guys know the door is always open up here.If you can get up this winter (January??) we can go get some of those bows and lakers thjrough the ice.That is if you southern boys aint too timid to drive out on the ice with us.LOL. ;) ;D
spcantwell
Bronze Member

« Reply #1195 on: November 10, 2011, 01:47:07 PM »

anytime Ed,    as I am only about 30 minutes south of Rick's

Salmon Egg Studios
Travis Jones
Platinum Member

« Reply #1196 on: November 10, 2011, 05:13:39 PM »

Yeah I'd love to make it up but I'll just have to see. As for the ice hmmmm...... I guess i'll take your word for it Ed. I'm not worried about me falling through but a truck is a little sketchy.

Mountain Ed
Platinum Member

« Reply #1197 on: November 10, 2011, 06:00:57 PM »

If it dosn't make your heart beat just a little faster, it's wastingt time. ;D
Travis Jones
Platinum Member

« Reply #1198 on: November 12, 2011, 08:16:28 AM »

Hey guys. So I've picked up one of my old hobbies this year. I started back hunting again. I haven't shot a deer or hunted since '98. Well on Oct. 28th we had a real nasty cold front come in with rain and cold north winds that were shaking my stand pretty good. About 15 minutes before dark a nice tall buck walks out in the lane cut in the cut over. i get a perfect broadside shot at him a my gun doesn't fire. Apparently when I pick my rifle up I hit the bolt and it wasn't locked all the way down. So i check and now the buck is steady walking away from me and getting harder to see. He finally turned broadside again at about 200 yards but by then I'm nervous, shaking, eyes watering from the wind so I pull a last second Hail Mary shot just hoping I would hit him. After I shot him he ran into the cut over. We went back the next day to look for him but the rain washed away any blood and we didn't find him. After spotting just a buzzard here and there over the past couple of weeks we decided to look for him for the third time yesterday morning and we walked right to him. Man I was pumped!!!! He's massive but he's a reallu nice deer for our area and for some one who hasn't hunted in 13 years man I'm hooked again. I guess 11/11/11 was good luck for me.

And no this does not mean mammal taxidermy for me in the future. LOL But since my Dad has a taxidermy business i will help mount this one. I just have to get a cape for it now.

v.fleming
Silver Member

« Reply #1199 on: November 12, 2011, 09:39:22 AM »

Congrats Travis, nice deer.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 ... 94 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Training  |  Topic: ANGLERS ARTISTRY RECENT STUDENT WORK 2006-2012! « previous next »