Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 10:45:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1597412 Posts in 188316 Topics by 42661 Members
Latest Member: MWCT
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Convention Information  |  Topic: National Taxidermists Association Convention 2008 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: National Taxidermists Association Convention 2008  (Read 23055 times)
Ken Edwards
Taxidermy.Net Forum
Administrator

Redfish near Venice, Louisiana

« on: July 23, 2007, 04:16:47 PM »

July 9th through 12th, 2008
37th Annual National Taxidermists Association Convention & Competition
Lubbock Memorial Civic Center, Lubbock, TX
Contact Greg Crain at (985) 641-4-NTA or visit the NTA website.

John Janelli
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 05:40:57 PM »

The National Taxidermists Association is pleased to publicize that the Holiday Inn has extended 10 additional days to receive the reduced room rate of $79.00.  Generally, the reduced rate has a stop date of 30 days prior to the show however; the Holiday Inn has graciously extended the discount until June 20th.

To make your reservations before the cost increases by $20.00 please telephone (806) 763-1200 and let them know you are with the NTA to receive the reduced rate.

Kerby Ross
Platinum Member

KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 10:01:27 PM »

I just called and THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE ROOMS AVAILABLE AT THE DISCOUNT RATE !

THAT JUST SUCKS, now it's $110+

:(

Kerby...

I'M NOT A TAXIDERMIST, BUT I PLAY ONE ON THE INTERNET
Russ of V.O.W.T
Platinum Member

my Ken Edwards moment

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 10:15:15 PM »

if they extended the date, they should book you a room at that rate.  If they dont honor it, i wont be there,

Visions of Wildlife Taxidermy Studio
102 Laray St.
Cassville Missouri 65625
Kerby Ross
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 10:41:10 PM »

I just called and made reservations- there are NO MORE $79 rooms left, pretty simple.

Nice bait and switch.

Maybe someone from the NTA can call and get this fixed. $40 extra per night x 4 is $120 extra
And I can't add LOL  4 nights would be $160

Kerby...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:18:02 AM by Kerby Ross » Logged

Russ of V.O.W.T
Platinum Member

my Ken Edwards moment

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 10:47:26 PM »

i agree kerby, the NTA needs to call and make it right, whats the hotels use in extending the date till the 20th if they arent gonna honor it, JJ i hope you see this, someone from the NTA needs to call lubbock and talk it out with the hotel.

102 Laray St.
Cassville Missouri 65625
John Janelli
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 11:11:42 PM »

Russ, thank you for calling me about this. The rooms are in fact discounted at the above rate. Earlier today, Greg spoke directly to a girl there named Joann to confirm this. Please call during regular business hours and ask for her.  Should the same problem arise again, please make me aware of it as soon as possible 1-877-JANELLI. Once again these rates are in effect at the discounted NTA price of $79.00 as posted above. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused but it will be rectified of that you can be sure of. Thanks again Russ!
joeym
Platinum Member

Jeannette & Joey @ Dunn's Falls

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 11:22:10 PM »

The Holiday Inn told us to call tomorrow and have our rate of $95 "flipped" to the convention rate of $79.   

Joe Miitchell (aka jkmitch) and Joey Murphey (joeym)

Joey Murphey, Taxidermist    Chunky, Mississippi    www.mstaxidermist.com     http://wokk.com/pages/2965375.php
Russ of V.O.W.T
Platinum Member

my Ken Edwards moment

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 11:25:47 PM »

no problem JJ, i emailed our travel agent booking all of our affairs regarding shows, and made them aware of what you said, she will get back on it tommorow. Russ

102 Laray St.
Cassville Missouri 65625
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 11:29:41 PM »

Maybe someone from the NTA can call and get this fixed. $40 extra per night x 4 is $120 extra

ummmmmm....actually that is $160 Kerby :)

Hotels do this all the time, if it isn't updated on their computers then they are clueless.   I'll bet as John said tomorrow they will have all the snags worked out on the discounted rate.

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
Kerby Ross
Platinum Member

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 12:22:42 AM »

You are right Michael, I can't add...can I get a refund on my college degrees?  LOL

There are rooms available, just not at the discount rate and that was tonight when I made my reservations, not earlier today. I was very persistent about the NTA rate and was told NO, then NO, then NO again,...but they had more expensive rooms available, so I had to take one of those.  I will call tomorrow and see if I can get it.

Kerby...

Uncle Harley
Platinum Member

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 12:37:28 AM »

it's been my experience that people that work at hotels generally have no clue.  I have been staying in this same hotel for over 2 months I check out every friday and check back in Sunday night.  They have still yet to get a reservation right. I wish there was another hotel close buy that accepeted corporate lodging.  You guys should check out corporate lodging, It's accepted at alot of hotels and it's the lowest rate you will find.  I get 80 to 100 dollar rooms for 45 on average. I believe that anybody who has a business can sign up  here is a link

http://www.corplodging.com/index.cfm

Check out my newest reflective eyes!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iHPa8lLLSo
John Janelli
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »

Kerby, I just now spoke with a gentleman by the name of Raphael at the hotel. Unfortunately I didn't take into consideration the one hour time difference as Joann had not punched in yet. Not only did Raphael just now book quite a few NTA members at the $79.00 discount rate, he ASSUERED me that you will be credited for the difference upon arrival. He went on further to say that you and others may have been reserving your rooms with the central reservation office who of course wouldn't have known about the discount until it was posted in their data base. Thanks for the opportunity to clear this up.
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 12:01:39 PM »

Hotels do this all the time, if it isn't updated on their computers then they are clueless. 

He went on further to say that you and others may have been reserving your rooms with the central reservation office who of course wouldn't have known about the discount until it was posted in their data base.

I'm always so right ;) ;D

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
Becky P
Platinum Member

One must believe the glass is half full.

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 03:37:22 PM »

We had a similar situation with the Ft Worth hotel. They told some people that there ws only a couple of rooms left when there was really only a few taken.
I reserved my Lubbock room about 3 months ago, hope they haven't lost it.

www.beckyswildlifestudio.com
Accepting wholesale work - birds, lifesize, gameheads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Convention Information  |  Topic: National Taxidermists Association Convention 2008 « previous next »