Northern New England Taxidermy Championship : Sponsored by MAT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 07:35:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1786996 Posts in 222663 Topics by 49232 Members
Latest Member: ckruizjr
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Northern New England Taxidermy Championship : Sponsored by MAT « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Northern New England Taxidermy Championship : Sponsored by MAT  (Read 3052 times)
Tims
Bronze Member

B&C Moose Daughter shot at age 10

Email
« on: April 10, 2017, 09:46:59 AM »

Show will held at the Jordan hotel in Newery Maine on August 4th - 6th. We have assembled yet another all star lineup of judges.  Keep up to date on our website or FB page. Show up if you dare.
Jeff Mourning - Fish
Bill Yox - Whitetail
Kevin Libby - Mammals
Matt Smith - Birds

www.facebook.com/MaineAssociationOfTaxidermists/

www.mainetaxidermy.org/
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:45:27 AM by Tims » Logged
Tims
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 02:31:00 AM »

Ttt
PReynolds
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 10:36:01 PM »

The show is shaping up to be another success. 

sterling
Platinum Member

My son and my 2011 Moose

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 09:08:19 AM »

Been working on my pc. for the show.  It should be a great time as always, with some fantastic judges.
CCarlson
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 09:14:15 AM »

Looking forward to it !
PReynolds
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 11:12:48 AM »

Matt Smith of Texas will be holding a bonus seminar on Thursday August 3rd at the MAT convention. In the seminar participants will mount thier own bird along with Matt. Participants are asked to bring their own bird skin already prepped (skun, defatted and washed) in order to keep the costs low for this seminar participants are asked to bring their own bird body,  head and eyes. Please bring a mounting stand as well.

The cost for the seminar is $100.00.  a $50.00 deposit is required to hold a seat.

Please contact MAT president Paul Reynolds for registration and any questions at 207-229-6012

PReynolds
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »

Learning Molding and Casting for todays Taxidermist with Instructor Rick Krane!

Hey fellow Members of the Maine Taxidermy Association and friends around New England and Canada! As a full-time instructor of Anglers Artistry and a proud supporter of the M.A.T, I want to share an opportunity you can typically only get if you take a private one on one workshop. It is my great privilege to teach taxidermy and advance techniques that help folks reach their goals in competition, business and for their own personal satisfaction! This 1 day workshop will be a Molding and Casting workshop that will take you into the world of todays taxidermy goals you want to reach! Im Rick Krane join me for this jammed packed day and half workshop! Ill see you at the Northern New England Championships!

This is not a fish only seminar but open to all taxidermists! Product review and overviews on what to use and when to use it! There will be free product give away, a drawing for participants only and a special M.A.T discount program for participates only!

What you need to bring: notebook, camera, and lots of questions! Making more money by being more efficient is the goal for all of us, so let me share with you 30 years of experience molding and casting! You will learn the hows and the whys of molding and casting along with silicone and urethane with the best methods to get you comfortable working with todays products! There will be hands on opportunities throughout the 1 days of this workshop!

Bird Taxidermy: ever want to mold a head? how about an open mouth you can open and closeTurkey head... well cover lots of useful ways to mold and cast! We will cover for the Bird Taxidermists head molding and leg and feet molding using techniques that you find very useful saving you both time and money all while producing incredible end results!

Mammal Taxidermy: making your own parts will save you time and money as well give you an edge for competition! Lets look at serval ways you can make molds for parts that you currently buy or would like to make for your client work of for competitions!

Habitat Molding and casting will be covered as well! How to make rocks and paint them too!

Last but to least Fish Taxidermy! Head molding fin molding and casting! We will cover how to make body molds as well!

I cant wait to share this information with you! Ill see you there Thursday 9-5 and Friday 8-Noon! What a great show and this will be a great opportunity for you to learn about molding and casting!

Cost for the 1 day workshop will be 250.00 per participant. A deposit of $100.00 will be required to attend this event. This will be a great value for anyone looking to learn of wanting to learn more about molding and casting!

My Best!

Rick Krane
Anglers Artistry

Cost for the 1 day workshop will be 250.00 per participant. A deposit of $100.00 will be required to attend this event. This will be a great value for any one looking to learn of wanting to learn more about molding and casting!

Tims
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 09:33:49 AM »

Who would want to miss this All star line up.
So a recap of the amazing seminars starting 8/3 is a day and half with Rick Krane doing some of the latest molding and casting techniques. Also a full day with Matt Smith on birds. Then 8/4 we have Bill Yox with deciphering reference, competition tips and techniques. As well as Kevin Libby with building rock habitats. We wrap the days with a round table discussion with all the Judges. 8/5 gets kicked off by Jeff Mourning with composition and design. Then finally Matt Smith seminar with competition eye rings, tips and techniques. McKenzie will be the main vendor this year offering there show discount to members. The Auction WOW is shaping up to be our biggest to date. Thank you to all that have donated. We have opened a new Category as well to include all forms of wildlife artwork from wood carving, paintings, rouge taxidermy, metal crafts so if about wildlife its in. We will have a few new awards this year as well. Time is ticking get those pieces finished up and head up to Maine for a great time.
sterling
Platinum Member

My son and my 2011 Moose

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 10:45:52 PM »

A little more than a month to go.  Pre-registration for membership and registration is a big help amd great;u appreciated.  If you decide to become a Maine member and  pre-register you can do so one of 2 ways.  A visit to Maine Associations of Taxidermists web page:  https://www.mainetaxidermy.org/      or

Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/MaineAssociationOfTaxidermists/

Pete
Tims
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 09:58:03 AM »

Thank you all to all that have pre-registered for the show. If you haven't yet please do. We have, as always amazing judges, we even will have a past judge competing this year. All members from our past shows always say this is one of the best shows they have been to. So make a trip to vacation land and enjoy all our show has to offer.

Thank you
Tims
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 04:41:33 PM »

More good news. Check this out.
https://www.facebook.com/221154961249008/photos/a.448412218523280.100966.221154961249008/1555048594526298/?type=3
PReynolds
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 07:47:59 PM »

Congratulations to Matt Smith Nta's newest National  Champion Waterfowl taxidermist.
Don't miss the chance for a class with Matt at the  upcoming Show. A few seats are left contact president Paul Reynolds at 207. 229.6012 for registration.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:41:45 AM by PReynolds » Logged

sterling
Platinum Member

My son and my 2011 Moose

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2017, 06:14:16 PM »

Less than two weeks away and things are looking great for another years show.  Fantastic judges from all over the Country and some superb Taxidermy talent from all over as well.  Looking forward to seeing friends and gaining knowledge from some of the best judges to be had.

Just a few mounts from last years show.

CCarlson
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 09:52:14 AM »

Hope everyone's competition pieces are coming together! Just a little over a week and its go time!
Richard C
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 10:54:09 AM »

I have been to many many shows, state ,regional, nta and world and this location is great .  Very relaxing and scenic and safe and a great hotel and food.  See ya there.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Northern New England Taxidermy Championship : Sponsored by MAT « previous next »
Jump to: