legal question
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 07:09:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1617325 Posts in 191153 Topics by 43210 Members
Latest Member: Jack407
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: legal question « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: legal question  (Read 5708 times)
Jim Tucker
Platinum Member

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 03:26:55 PM »

I once found a flattened deer slug in the forehead of a deer.  Talk about a hard head! ;D

OHIO TAXIDERMISTS ASSOCIATION - www.ohiotaxidermists.com
Cecil
Platinum Member

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2006, 10:14:31 PM »

I once found a flattened deer slug in the forehead of a deer.  Talk about a hard head! ;D

I once took a buck in that was killed by a slug that flattened on it's forehead. Never penetrated.

My biggest fear is dying and my wife selling all of my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it.
George Roof
Platinum Member

The older I get, the better I was.

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2006, 11:05:44 PM »

It's been some years now but I took a buck in with a big knot on its forehead centered above it's eyes.  When I skinned it out, my scalpel blade hit metal.  What I found when I cracked the skull off was that someone had shot it with a Bear broadhed that had stuck in the bone but had not penetrated the skull membrane to touch the brain.  It had calcified enough to almost cover the whole thing and I've always wondered what would have led anyone to shoot a deer between the eyes with a broadhead.

If the truth offends you, then by all means, avoid it.
Cecil
Platinum Member

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2006, 11:12:14 PM »

I took in a monster 15 pt. once that had bird shot pellets healed into his muzzle. I found out when I started using the fleshing wheel on in that area. Somebody probably kicked him up while hunting rabbits or pheasant and  fired at him. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Not only would it not killed the animal but it could have blinded it.

My biggest fear is dying and my wife selling all of my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: legal question « previous next »