Bighorn Sheep Horn molds
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 05:13:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1787527 Posts in 222794 Topics by 49257 Members
Latest Member: lorastevenson
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Molding and Casting  |  Topic: Bighorn Sheep Horn molds « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bighorn Sheep Horn molds  (Read 748 times)
horsefeathers
Silver Member

Email
« on: August 30, 2017, 05:54:10 PM »

I do not know where else to ask or look for this.

I really want to either cast a set of bighorn horns for a variety of projects I am interested in doing, or to acquire a mold set. Sadly, unless I am given a set of bighorn horns - which I rate about as likely as me suddenly winning the lottery - or pulling a tag to go shoot one - also about as likely as winning the lotto - it does not seem like a real set of horns is something that is realistic in any way shape or form in the future, both near and far. I don't need or want a record-breaking, world class set - just something easily recognizable as bighorn. Maybe even something easily recognizable as a desert bighorn, if I wish hard enough.

I know what you're going to say "why don't you just buy replica horns from McKenzie" and so on. One is because I really like doing my own casting, and I also like casting in a variety of materials that sometimes aren't used in taxidermy. I'm having lots of fun casting other horns and antlers with huge success. I also want to be able to cast my own so that there is no legal or ethical ramifications of doing so - I'm not stealing someone elses hard work, especially if I make things out of them to sell. I'd rather simply own the horns (or mold) and do my own thing.

So... does anyone really sell molds of bighorn? Or is this just something that is so special to a given project that it just isn't done unless the client requests it and I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks!

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.  - Aldo Leopold
BrookeSFD16
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 04:41:43 PM »

There's a guy in the skills section with three sets. Just posted.

Genesis 27:3
jimss
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 10:27:39 AM »

I sent you a personal message.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Molding and Casting  |  Topic: Bighorn Sheep Horn molds « previous next »
Jump to: