Are euros considered "taxidermy?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 10:21:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1787226 Posts in 222728 Topics by 49242 Members
Latest Member: backcountryhunter18
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Are euros considered "taxidermy? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Are euros considered "taxidermy?  (Read 422 times)
fishinfool
Bronze Member

Email
« on: November 14, 2017, 07:02:33 PM »

I know this has been discussed before. No skin involved to be "mounted" . By definition, IMO it isn't taxidermy. "Adjustment of the skin." I just wondered what a game warden would say. I have a call in, trying to find out. Maybe tom. I'll hear from him.

I don't like doing the euros, but I do them as a service to my customers. It's a draw, to get them to my shop. What I want to know is, do they need a taxidermy state lic. to do them for others? Even the coolers are doing them. 80 bucks, no wood. One guy posted sho mts 200 and 75 dollar euros. 

I first came to tnet 10 years ago, all I heard is raise prices on here. All I'm seeing on social med is lowballers in my area. Everyones dry preserving, no glue. Hunters don't care. I try to educate them alittle. They're not interested in 3rd eyelid, nostril interior , rotated eyes, they look at me like I'm crazy. So and so is 50 cheaper.

People are teaching taxi with no lic also. Do you need special lic. to run a school? Insurance? I would think so.

How do you get alot of deer to mount. Answer, get hooked up with a processor and they will send you heads. You can drypreserve and put horns on backwards and hunters don't care. Quick turnaround and cheape prices.  Some dont even want fast timeframe. They use the taxidermist as a storage facility.

Somethings got to be done. Even the schools advertise, take this corse and in 3 weeks you can start your own bussiness. Messing up mounts left and right. I'm done ranting now. I'm actually having a good year.  I just don't like being told I can't mount anything for anyone other than myself without the state lic. BUT, others can boill sculls out and nothing is said. When you get a lic you have to post it where it can be seen and they can inspect records anytime. But not the ones doing sculls. I wondered if anyone knew the answer . Do you need taxi. lic. to boil sculls in Ga.?
John C
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 08:44:47 PM »

If your state requires a license for taxidermy then you need the license for doing euros.

There are only two kinds of people in the world. Givers and Takers. The givers give of their time, their money, and their love. They are happy because it gives them joy to make others happy. They are rich in friends and content with their lives. The takers are never happy.
fishinfool
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 03:28:11 AM »

Thanks John.
Tanglewood Taxidermy
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »

You could ask your fish & game department, they should know.
museum man
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 11:07:08 AM »

a tire repair is still a simple form of auto repair.

i am a retired taxidermist from the museum of science and natural history.....
SpringCreek94(Ron C)
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 11:30:07 AM »

From what I understand in the state of Tennessee you do and it's $122.00 a year and there's a lot around my area doing euros that don't have a license and advertising too. . . It's kind of like the roofing business after a bad hail storm. Everybody's a roofer for a few weeks.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Are euros considered "taxidermy? « previous next »
Jump to: