The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" December Holiday Edition 2017!!!!!!!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 18, 2018, 01:16:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1793523 Posts in 224071 Topics by 49546 Members
Latest Member: brady761
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" December Holiday Edition 2017!!!!!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" December Holiday Edition 2017!!!!!!!  (Read 4674 times)
Cecil
Platinum Member

WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2017, 05:45:15 PM »

More outstanding work!  Impressed!

The risk I took was calculated, but man am I bad at math!
srholmes30
Platinum Member

Living each and every day

WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2017, 11:28:40 PM »

Have a great New Year

U.S.Army Vetern 3rd RANGER Bn  75th RANGER Rgt   ISAIAH 6:8
 My Dad "Just passing through"  1935-2011
 I shall walk this but once,There for what ever good I might do,let me do it now.For I shall never walk this again.
shorefisherman
Bronze Member

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2017, 02:28:44 PM »

Love that striper

JL
Platinum Member

Taxidermist for 64 years

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2018, 01:23:31 PM »

CC here in NH we have yellow perch, white perch and walleyes. White perch can be found in fresh water or brakish water that is mixed with saltwater in the bays and rivers. White perch are anadramous, meaning they can migrate from fresh water to salt. Mudbat's rendition is spot on for looks. Our Lake Wiinipesaukee gives up many for ice fishermen in the many coves and the Lamprey river in Exeter offers up many as it's a tidal river emptying into Great Bay. Fish caught in either waters look the same and have similar taste when fried in butter. YUM

Do one thing better than others and let others do their thing.....JL
CCarlson
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2018, 04:22:08 PM »

JL - It was sort of tongue in cheek - He and I were commenting on a different group that most Midwestern folks (where hes from) don't even know what a white perch is, but like you said, Here in the Northeast they are quite common. And, as you said, Ryan did a fantastic job of it.
Cecil
Platinum Member

WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »

I think Lake Erie has white perch too? I know it has white bass.

For some reason the white bass are looked down on by many folks around here from Lake Erie. They claim they don't taste good and the meat had a weird texture to it. I do wonder though how many people actually put fish to eat on ice right away. I think that makes all the difference.

The risk I took was calculated, but man am I bad at math!
Mudbat
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2018, 03:48:30 PM »

Ya it was a joke between Christian and myself. Most of the guys I called looking for a blank all said the same thing what the hells a white perch? We dont really have them in the Midwest. Actually all that is is a white bass blank that I slightly modified to make a white perch. A white perch isnt even a perch its a bass. IMO its just a white bass white no markings.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Month in Fish Pictures "Year 11" December Holiday Edition 2017!!!!!!! « previous next »
Jump to: