Jan Van Hoesen
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2017, 11:59:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1789328 Posts in 223186 Topics by 49370 Members
Latest Member: Stonefly_norway
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Jan Van Hoesen « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Jan Van Hoesen  (Read 1876 times)
Instructor
Silver Member

WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 11:32:52 AM »

Very sad news to hear,Jan was truly an Icon in this industry,She was one of the first UTA Board members.I had the privilege to judge with her several times and learned a lot from this beautiful lady.She will truly be missed.

Blessings Jan,
May you rest in the Lord's peace.

Fred Barilla
Silver Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 01:35:23 PM »

This is a tremendous loss to our industry.  Condolences and prayers to friends and family

Fred Barilla
Marty Dupertuis
Platinum Member

WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »

Very sad news   I never had the chance to meet her, but I admired her work very much.  Twice I reached out to her with a question, and twice I got a very detailed answer from her.  RIP and prayers to your family.
NTA
Silver Member

National Taxidermists Association

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2017, 12:10:41 PM »

On behalf of the NTA, which Jan was a former board member of, we wish to express our deepest condolences to her family and friends. A true icon of our industry, Jan will be sorely missed and forever remembered. Thank You Jan for all you gave to our industry. May you rest in peace.
Fred Vanderburgh
Bronze Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2017, 01:42:36 PM »

I know for certain that we never lost Jan, even to death. Her teachings and talents will continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make while mounting any small mammal. Her love for nature and taxidermy leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We all will comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having known her as an artist and her love for taxidermy. I was so blessed to have spent a great deal of time with Jan and Jim at our home many times and also working with her in Rogers City, at the Rogers City Zoo as I called it.   

When you think about Jan the artist we looked at her as one of our icons, and you assume she was instantly embraced. That usually was not the case. In reality, she had to overcome a lot of noes to get where she wanted to be. We taxidermists are childish about our celebrities and icons. We worship, then we denounce; we identify passionately with them and then, if they do something - anything - we dislike, we cast them off. She was blunt, stubborn, independent, forthright and stood for all that was right, as was evident at the NTA convention at Buffalo in 1997. But she never gave up her cause and went on to become a force in helping to form the UTA which she was so proud of.

I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Jan's love for the taxidermy and taxidermists will leave an indelible imprint in our memories. We will all find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared the life of Jan Van Hoesen.     
museum man
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2017, 03:23:56 PM »

had she been ill or was this something sudden?

i am a retired taxidermist from the museum of science and natural history.....
Jeff Lumsden
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: Today at 09:57:46 AM »

Such sad news, I also met Jan at the 1992 WTC. Our industry was fortunate to experience her talent and creativity -
Thank you Jan,
God bless,
Jeff
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Topic: Jan Van Hoesen « previous next »
Jump to: