Antler Repair
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 06:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1793326 Posts in 224038 Topics by 49534 Members
Latest Member: Tommy P
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Molding and Casting  |  Topic: Antler Repair « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Antler Repair  (Read 230 times)
RichMO
Platinum Member

Email
« on: January 04, 2018, 07:33:48 PM »

So this is basically a question....  I was making a repair on the right side 2 tines and made a cast of the left side using latex rubber 74 and at this point all has gone well with basically no problems.  I set it up for the new tines and poured with Smooth on 320....no problems basically.  I removed the rubber and the texture of the 320 is rough to the feel.  Compared to the original antlers, yes it is rough.  I can sand down part of this but I feel the roughness comes from air entrapped in the material as it was poured.  So here is the question can I use Apoxie Sculpt to smooth down the surface?  If it use Apoxie will it stick to the 320 with no problems?  When I stain the new tines will the Apoxie and 320 accept the stain the same so as to not cause the new time to look blotchy...?  I've used 320 in the past for antler repairs and had no problems but this is the first time I poured a antler repair greater than 6 inches...  I guess i'm still a newby...LOL   Thanks for any help....   Rich

Hey Jack..... 95% of everything I say is the Truth...
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Molding and Casting  |  Topic: Antler Repair « previous next »
Jump to: