Saving posts
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 06:33:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1793326 Posts in 224038 Topics by 49534 Members
Latest Member: Tommy P
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Saving posts « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Saving posts  (Read 248 times)
sgt_franks

Email
« on: January 11, 2018, 07:08:31 PM »

Im am very new to this site. I have found so many cool things I would like to go back and look at for reference. Is there a way on here somewhere to keep track of the posts ive looked at or save them to a folder or something? there is so much going on in different areas that it is really hard for me to find stuff that I want to look at again. the search engine sucks. cant find crap using it. so many icons and things going on yet so much knowledge and experience that I want to save and learn from.
socalmountainman
Gold Member

Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 07:57:21 PM »

When I locate a page or tutorial I want to keep, I save it under my own web browser "Favorites".   have forum pages that I saved two years ago.  The only problem is, if the author of the page deletes the photos or changes the host site where the photos were hosted, you will lose the pictures too!  Not a good thing on a tutorial.....

I have found that in order to use the search engine, you have to be in the correct category of the forum.  For instance, if you are looking for Bondo Ears you need to , first, be in the Deer and Gameheads category.  If you try searching from the home page you will get little or nothing results.  Joe

sgt_franks

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 04:35:05 PM »

thanks Joe
pir^2h
Platinum Member

Retrievers give you the bird

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 09:00:36 AM »

This is what I do.  I copy and paste the URL onto a word document.  Then you can add your own description of what it is for and get back to it with ease.

Vic

\\\"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"///
KatieC
Gold Member

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 08:18:57 PM »

Try the advanced search, then you can also choose what areas of the forum you want to search in. Deselect the for sale and wanted areas and you should get better searches.

Always open to constructive critique of my work.
GregJ
Platinum Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 10:27:37 PM »

I simply copy the entire post or thread and put it into a word doc that I save on my computer.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Saving posts « previous next »
Jump to: