Rattlesnake animation
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 04:04:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1619709 Posts in 191528 Topics by 43289 Members
Latest Member: BobnJake
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Reptile Taxidermy  |  Topic: Rattlesnake animation « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rattlesnake animation  (Read 2813 times)
Rattlerguy

« on: October 15, 2007, 03:18:58 PM »

I saw a rattlesnake mounted at Piedmont several years ago that had a motion detector built into it and when someone came near it cause the rattles to start buzzing.  Anyone know how to incorporate that into a mount?

I appreciate any tips.

Tim
wetnwild
Platinum Member

crunchy

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:33:34 PM »

It is done with a small personal vibrator inserted into the tail of the mannequin and a thin wire attached up into the rattles from ther vibrator. A small motion detector is attched under the bse to start the vibrator when someone approaches. I,ve done a few of them in the past and they are tricky to make work consistently. FRor a customer figure about 500.00 for the mounted snake and motion base
Tom
Yeager1
Platinum Member

Uh-oh, guess what time it is!?

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 08:44:47 PM »

Tom, Whats a personal vibrator? Do they sell them at Walmart?  ;D LOL
Kerby Ross
Platinum Member

KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 09:48:23 PM »

I think Tom might autograph the personal vibrators....

:)

Kerby...

I'M NOT A TAXIDERMIST, BUT I PLAY ONE ON THE INTERNET
wetnwild
Platinum Member

crunchy

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 08:43:30 AM »

Actually Kerby, you can get it in an adult bookstore, its called the Little BEE, its small like a grape size. You take it aprt from its shell, and solder a long thin wire to the twisting mechanism which causes vibration. Works good, but it finicky .
Kerby Ross
Platinum Member

KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 10:06:15 PM »

I'll trust ya on that one.

:)

Kerby...

I'M NOT A TAXIDERMIST, BUT I PLAY ONE ON THE INTERNET
jazz_fan1
Bronze Member

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 04:25:54 PM »

Is this still the preferred method for making a rattlesnake rattle? Or has anyone invented a different way they would like to share? I am really struggling with the mechanics of this, I just can't seem to wrap my head around a way to make it work. I would like to have it remote operated instead of motion detected.
Bob Scott

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 12:03:22 PM »

Is this still the preferred method for making a rattlesnake rattle? Or has anyone invented a different way they would like to share? I am really struggling with the mechanics of this, I just can't seem to wrap my head around a way to make it work. I would like to have it remote operated instead of motion detected.

Using the same idea as Tom's, acquire a "remote egg" vibrator.  Just search it up on your favorite search engine, and take your pick.  The cheap ones suck for range.  Extra bonus: take the remote to WallyWorld or somesuch, tuck it in your coat pocket and just mash it repeatedly and see who's packin'.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Reptile Taxidermy  |  Topic: Rattlesnake animation « previous next »