Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 12:53:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1606006 Posts in 189466 Topics by 42877 Members
Latest Member: sprinkman
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Reptile Taxidermy  |  Topic: Rattlesnake animation « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rattlesnake animation  (Read 2764 times)
Rattlerguy

« on: October 15, 2007, 03:18:58 PM »

I saw a rattlesnake mounted at Piedmont several years ago that had a motion detector built into it and when someone came near it cause the rattles to start buzzing.  Anyone know how to incorporate that into a mount?

I appreciate any tips.

Tim
wetnwild
Platinum Member

crunchy

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:33:34 PM »

It is done with a small personal vibrator inserted into the tail of the mannequin and a thin wire attached up into the rattles from ther vibrator. A small motion detector is attched under the bse to start the vibrator when someone approaches. I,ve done a few of them in the past and they are tricky to make work consistently. FRor a customer figure about 500.00 for the mounted snake and motion base
Tom
Yeager1
Platinum Member

Uh-oh, guess what time it is!?

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 08:44:47 PM »

Tom, Whats a personal vibrator? Do they sell them at Walmart?  ;D LOL
Kerby Ross
Platinum Member

KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 09:48:23 PM »

I think Tom might autograph the personal vibrators....

:)

Kerby...

I'M NOT A TAXIDERMIST, BUT I PLAY ONE ON THE INTERNET
wetnwild
Platinum Member

crunchy

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 08:43:30 AM »

Actually Kerby, you can get it in an adult bookstore, its called the Little BEE, its small like a grape size. You take it aprt from its shell, and solder a long thin wire to the twisting mechanism which causes vibration. Works good, but it finicky .
Kerby Ross
Platinum Member

KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 10:06:15 PM »

I'll trust ya on that one.

:)

Kerby...

I'M NOT A TAXIDERMIST, BUT I PLAY ONE ON THE INTERNET
jazz_fan1
Bronze Member

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 04:25:54 PM »

Is this still the preferred method for making a rattlesnake rattle? Or has anyone invented a different way they would like to share? I am really struggling with the mechanics of this, I just can't seem to wrap my head around a way to make it work. I would like to have it remote operated instead of motion detected.
Bob Scott

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 12:03:22 PM »

Is this still the preferred method for making a rattlesnake rattle? Or has anyone invented a different way they would like to share? I am really struggling with the mechanics of this, I just can't seem to wrap my head around a way to make it work. I would like to have it remote operated instead of motion detected.

Using the same idea as Tom's, acquire a "remote egg" vibrator.  Just search it up on your favorite search engine, and take your pick.  The cheap ones suck for range.  Extra bonus: take the remote to WallyWorld or somesuch, tuck it in your coat pocket and just mash it repeatedly and see who's packin'.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Reptile Taxidermy  |  Topic: Rattlesnake animation « previous next »