Worklogs?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 18, 2014, 10:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1631625 Posts in 193586 Topics by 43718 Members
Latest Member: nctmjeffco
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Forum Operations  |  Topic: Worklogs? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Worklogs?  (Read 1521 times)
Beavis

« on: October 20, 2007, 10:24:51 AM »

I guess this is the place for this.
This is a link to a worklog I completed earlier this year, involving my other hobby. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1123045 I think these worklogs provide an inspiration and a tremendous learning tool for beginners. I was simply wondering why I've never seen one here. I'm new so forgive me, but has a worklog ever been tried? I could understand why the professional people wouldn't want to reveal their trade secrets freely, there are books, DVDs, classes etc for that, but why shouldn't us noobs learn from the other noobs? (In my case you'd be learning what NOT TO DO) Just wondering.

BTW I'm still working on my first fish, (my first attempt at anything related to taxidermy, the artform has always intrigued me) I'd like to thank the entire forum for the wealth of information found here.

Donny
michael p.
Platinum Member

Getting better with age :)

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 01:21:24 PM »

I guess this is the place for this.
This is a link to a worklog I completed earlier this year, involving my other hobby. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1123045 I think these worklogs provide an inspiration and a tremendous learning tool for beginners. I was simply wondering why I've never seen one here.

Because you have not looked (researched hard enough)!

Spent my whole life lookin' back
 Not lookin' ahead to see
 Trying to keep my feet on track
 Doin' what was expected of me
 Kick my shoes off so they can't trace me
 Leave no forwarding address
 Before they all drive me crazy
 And I leave 'em all in a bloody mess
C.C.
Becky P
Platinum Member

One must believe the glass is half full.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 08:10:45 AM »

I thought you were talking about a work order or logbook, not a step-by-step description of what you are doing. LOL Both of which are on this site, just look around. Michael just did one on using real jawsets. There are several, esp. in the molding category.

www.beckyswildlifestudio.com
Accepting wholesale work - birds, lifesize, gameheads.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  Forum Operations  |  Topic: Worklogs? « previous next »