First bear rug, and shoulder mount
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 12:39:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1632515 Posts in 193738 Topics by 43744 Members
Latest Member: neuharth323
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: First bear rug, and shoulder mount « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: First bear rug, and shoulder mount  (Read 2277 times)
CPATTEE

Take a kid hunting!

« on: September 11, 2006, 11:05:43 PM »

These are my two bear that I have done, One is a shoulder mount the other is a rug. Please give me some feed back, thanks.
http://cpattee.photosite.com/Album3/
http://cpattee.photosite.com/Album2/
Tenbears
Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 09:16:09 PM »

although the pictures are not well suited to make a good judgment. the rug seems OK. I like the feet to be a bit fuller. and more naturally shaped.  also I feel that contrasting colors on the two felt layers sets the rug off a bit better. I cannot get a clear view of the nose, or the eyes. the nose is a biggie for me as too many people do not do a bear nose well.

The shoulder mount also does not have great pictures. however in the ones provided the eyes do not have the same focal point. with the bears right eye focus further forward than the left. the nose seems to have nice shape. however the coloration within the nostrils is not correct. I also like the nose to be a bit more toward the gray than just plain black. there is a bit too much lower lip in the front.  although it is within the realm of possibility for a bear to gap its jaw a bit . If that were the case there would also show a bit of lip line on the sides.  keep it up though you are well on your way.
CPATTEE

Take a kid hunting!

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 10:42:27 AM »

Thanks for the reply, I will try to clean up the pics, the nose on the shoulder mount has a touch of gray in the nostrial, but the photos aren't that great. Thanks again for the reply.
Alex Sr
Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 05:59:40 PM »

THe left eye in the rug is not in the same angle as the right, so the same in the shoulder mount.
The ears do not look like there is any ear butt to them ?

Yep Am real and Real trouble.
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: First bear rug, and shoulder mount « previous next »