World record Rainbow mount
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2014, 11:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1624521 Posts in 192355 Topics by 43468 Members
Latest Member: Deryl
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: World record Rainbow mount « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: World record Rainbow mount  (Read 6435 times)
fishmounter
Bronze Member

« on: November 19, 2007, 08:51:22 PM »

I just found saw a photo of the  43.6 pound "World Record Rainbow Trout" replica and it looks very nice. What a giant!  Done by "Rick's Trophy Mounts".  Anybody know who this is?  I wonder if he ever gets on this forum.  You can see this fish and other big trout mounts at  www.trophytroutguide.com
Jknuth
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 04:49:41 AM »

WOA whats up with calling an Arctic Char a world record Brook trout??

And as for this brookie I am curious if that is actually a splake

the head and Tail shape along with the patterning on the tail scream splake to me.

Cecil Your a Brook trout guy What do you say??

Nil sa saol seo ach ceo, Is ni bheimid beo, ach seal beag gearr.

List of available blanks
http://www.knuthart.com/molds

Dondi
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 05:47:36 AM »

If I'm not mistaken Josh, this picture has been posted in a previous thread about a year ago.
You may be able to find it in the archives...if interested. Splake or Brookie ?

Don Patton
Replicas, Blanks & Fin Sets for Sale Link:
http://dondifish.webs.com
Cecil
Platinum Member

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 07:14:53 AM »

Love that rainbow replica!

Josh yeah the brook trout potenial record looks like a splake to me too (second picture), but we will never know as the guy patted himself on the back for releasing it.  ::) Hopefully if it was a new world record it didn't go to the bottom and die.

Here's the thread where we discussed it with more pics. 

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,8075.0.html

My biggest fear is dying and my wife selling all of my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it.
John C
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 09:14:05 AM »

I was talking with the trout dock where the large borwn trout from Arkansas (I posted a while back) was weighed it weighed 27 lbs not 39lbs, the man fromt eh dock agreed it was a very odd colored brown. The taxidermist said it weight and measure just like other high weight 20's. Funny how some guides inflate their ego with big fish they had nothing to do with.
RDA
Platinum Member

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 03:31:56 PM »

It looks like a brookie to me Ive mounted them up to 9 pounds and those bigger fish take on their own characteristics and vary from stream to stream and lake to lake- the other is surely an arctic char

NEVADA WILDLIFE STUDIO

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GASASS MALINGERERS

In HONOR of Mr SIMON T. BLACKSHAW, ARTIST SUPREME!  1957-2011
Cecil
Platinum Member

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 03:56:36 PM »

It looks like a brookie to me Ive mounted them up to 9 pounds and those bigger fish take on their own characteristics and vary from stream to stream and lake to lake- the other is surely an arctic char

Well we'll never know for sure since he released it.

My biggest fear is dying and my wife selling all of my fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for it.
RDA
Platinum Member

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 03:59:13 PM »

very true CECIL :(  I dont think I would have released that fish after stuffing my fingers in her gills like that ;D

NEVADA WILDLIFE STUDIO

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GASASS MALINGERERS

In HONOR of Mr SIMON T. BLACKSHAW, ARTIST SUPREME!  1957-2011
Pescado
Platinum Member

Biggest in 2011

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 04:01:15 PM »

Looks more like a Brook Trout than an Arctic Char, well to me anyway. Do Artic Char have red spots with blue halos, mixed in among their yellow spots?

Paul B

Paul Borkowski
Blue Ribbon Taxidermy & Supply
Agawa Canyon Outfitters, LTD.
Cecil
Platinum Member

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 04:02:28 PM »

very true CECIL :(  I dont think I would have released that fish after stuffing my fingers in her gills like that ;D

She? That's definitely a male.

The thing that gets me is not only is there a chance he killed the fish but a fish in this size class has got to be up there in years near it's last leg anyway.  So he may have just let it die of old age. Sounds almost like PETA doesn't it?

Cecil
Platinum Member

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 04:04:10 PM »

Which one are you talking about? The top one looks like a char to me. Where are the vermiuclations among other things?

Looks more like a Brook Trout than an Arctic Char, well to me anyway. Do Artic Char have red spots with blue halos, mixed in among their yellow spots?

Paul B

Pescado
Platinum Member

Biggest in 2011

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 04:08:12 PM »

The top one. I see a few brook trout every season where the vermiculations are not very prominent. I would like someone to show me a picture of an arctic char that resembles that top fish.

PB

Paul Borkowski
Blue Ribbon Taxidermy & Supply
Agawa Canyon Outfitters, LTD.
Terry
Silver Member

De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 04:14:23 PM »

Paul,

I have to concur with you: it looks more like a brook trout to me as well. I've never actually seen a live brook trout, but I have seen quite a few spawning char. Some things that look out of place to me as well (to be a char) are: some very light vermiculations can be seen on the back and dorsal fin (or so it seems to me) and the distinct black at the bottom of the orange on the belly.

I have a few photos that show spawning char from SW Alaska, courtesy of a fish biologist friend. I will post those for comparison.

Terry

* IMGP1052.JPG (117.62 kB, 958x719 - viewed 1848 times.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 04:25:05 PM by Terry » Logged

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1Thessalonians 5:16-18)

"Boy, are you a stutterer, or have you just got a brick for a brain?"- Capt. Inish Scull; Comanche Moon by Larry McMurtry
Terry
Silver Member

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 04:17:56 PM »

Another shot...

* IMGP1063.JPG (121.8 kB, 1071x803 - viewed 1743 times.)

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1Thessalonians 5:16-18)

"Boy, are you a stutterer, or have you just got a brick for a brain?"- Capt. Inish Scull; Comanche Moon by Larry McMurtry
Terry
Silver Member

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 04:20:03 PM »

One last one...

* IMGP1064.JPG (96.87 kB, 986x740 - viewed 1705 times.)

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: World record Rainbow mount « previous next »