Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 01:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1596401 Posts in 188172 Topics by 42636 Members
Latest Member: B Godin
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Having Trouble « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Having Trouble  (Read 693 times)
Adam Wright
Gold Member

« on: December 20, 2007, 10:06:32 PM »

Ive read the archives and read a sallie dahmes whitetail book but i cant seem to figure out how to turn the ears. I think the parts i'm having difficulty with is how to skin out the inner ear and still leave the but attached (i plan on using earliners with butts), my problems just go on from there and its hard for me to explain. If anybody can share with me an easy way they turn their ears i would appreciate it.
Matt
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 10:21:26 PM »

There is alot of discussion on this subject in the archives. I would check that out first, lots of good info there.

JLW
Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 10:28:59 PM »

Huntingislife, Here we go,so hang on. The way I do it is,I'll skin around the ear butt as much as possible. Then I skin in as far as I can on the back of the ear. I then use my ear opener to seperate the back of the ear from the inner ear skin. Be careful not to blow the edge of the ears out. Then turn the ear inside out like you would a sock. Then use a scalple or razor blade and slowly start dividing the inner and outer ear apart from one another until you get completly out to the edge. I hope this helps you out. If not there are some videos that might also help you out. Also you might want to get a pair of ear openers, if you don't have a pair.. LOL Wagner's Taxidermy ;)
Adam Wright
Gold Member

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 07:35:47 AM »

Yes, that helps out a lot, i was finally able to clear my head last night and visualize what i needed to do, thanks a lot.
CLIFFTAX
Platinum Member

Taxidermist

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 06:13:58 AM »

When using the ear opener, be sure to keep your hand around the ear so you don't over extend the tool and rip the ear. Go slow, very slow when turning ears for the first time.

What's On Your Wall?
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Beginners, Training & Tutorials  |  Beginners  |  Topic: Having Trouble « previous next »