Michigan Taxidermist Association Convention 2008
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 04:54:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1573235 Posts in 184673 Topics by 42028 Members
Latest Member: aaronclark12
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Convention Information  |  Topic: Michigan Taxidermist Association Convention 2008 « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Michigan Taxidermist Association Convention 2008  (Read 45270 times)
Wildside
Platinum Member

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2008, 10:45:03 AM »

Its kinda fun to stand on the river overlook and watch the fisherman catching them.  Take your pole with you.
duxdog
Platinum Member

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 09:10:06 AM »

Couple of Q's about the show.
What does it cost to go to the show
do you have to sign up for the seminars before hand
can I get my MTA membership there   thanks, Gus

Wildside
Platinum Member

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 09:36:24 AM »

You can join there and register too.  You do not have to sign up for any seminars with the exception of the hands on to be a participant.  But you will still be able to view that one without signing up.

Registration is $70,  Memebership is $35 single - $45 Family

Go to the web site
http://www.michigantaxidermist.com/

See Ya There
duxdog
Platinum Member

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 09:44:51 AM »

What does it cost for a non-member to go?(girlfriend)

Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 09:54:59 AM »

Sorry to say, I will not be entering a mount at the show. My real job is 50 hours a week, and being that I just started the job four months ago, I can not get the time off. So I will be there Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, but empty handed. And my mount is not finished anyway, it's kicking my butt, and it isn't going to happen.

And no, I do not own a Tshirt that has a wolf or unicorn on it.
There is no such thing as gun control, only people control.
Stop Rot,,use it or lose it.
Rest well our friend, you are missed.
rnviper3
Platinum Member

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 01:53:31 PM »

sorry to hear it t.  but if you do get your mount done in time, i could take it there with me if you wanted me to.

Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2008, 02:44:43 PM »

Thanks for the offer Bob, that is nice of you. I will think about that option, I would have to pull one off the wall and upgrade it a bit. It's the deer I put together down at Bass Pro Bob if you remember that one, the mount I wanted to bring has me scratching my head right now.

mrs.trout
Bronze Member

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »

I cant wait to see everyone, Paul and i always enjoy the show and getting to see everyone...this is Paul's 20th show and my 17th.  we wouldn't miss it for anything....i think the only thing Paul will have mounted for the show will be me..lol  sorry i couldn't help myself.....being in the wheel chair i have to much time on my hands...
see ya all next week.......
Brenda       

Brenda Sears
rnviper3
Platinum Member

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »

viper will be there.   3 mounts to finish up.  been real busy.  i hope i don't fall asleep in the seminars.  seriously.  last year in Cally morris seminar, someone fell asleep, and Cally almost sprayed him with a water squirter.  I wont mention any names, but you know who you are, and a lot of you know him.  can't wait to see all my friends from here.  good luck everyone.
bob

Brian Jones
Platinum Member

Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2008, 04:50:59 PM »

Thanks for the offer Bob, that is nice of you. I will think about that option, I would have to pull one off the wall and upgrade it a bit. It's the deer I put together down at Bass Pro Bob if you remember that one, the mount I wanted to bring has me scratching my head right now.
Don't scratch to hard there T. With no hair you may bleed fairly quick.

bradc
Silver Member

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2008, 10:21:49 PM »

on the website it says you must be registered for the show to attend the seminars. i have never been to a convention but does this mean that i cant just go one day and catch the seminars? theres no way i can stay for the whol thing but i would have liked to go on sunday to catch dennis' seminar

Brad Colesa                  
Carsonville, MI
bcolesa@yahoo.com    
1-810-404-1550
Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2008, 10:35:22 PM »

on the website it says you must be registered for the show to attend the seminars. i have never been to a convention but does this mean that i cant just go one day and catch the seminars? theres no way i can stay for the whol thing but i would have liked to go on sunday to catch dennis' seminar

thats the rules, you need to be a MTA member, and pay the $25 for the day fee to attend even one seminar, or visit the vender booths. Dennis is going to have DVD's made for those that can not be there. If you are not a member, you can join at the door there, pay the yearly fee, and the show fee for the day. But all seminars are for members only.

Wildside
Platinum Member

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2008, 10:44:51 PM »

Actually members can go to the supplier area, sut to attend a seminar yes you need to be at least registered for that day.  This is still a small price to pay for what you can get out of it.
bradc
Silver Member

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2008, 10:52:19 PM »

you need to be a MTA member, and pay the $25 for the day fee to attend even one seminar, or visit the vender booths
o alright thats fine with me , what i interpreted it as was that i needed to be in the competition to attend the seminars, so you just pay $25 to be registered for the day

Brad Colesa                  
Carsonville, MI
bcolesa@yahoo.com    
1-810-404-1550
Low T
Platinum Member

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2008, 11:02:52 PM »

If I can find my show packet, I will confirm that. Are you a MTA member?

if you are not competing but wish to attend the seminars you must be registered for the convention.  If you cannot attend the whole convention, we will have 1 day passes available at a cost of $25.00 per day. And pay the membership fee if not a member.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  General Discussions  |  The Taxidermy Industry  |  Convention Information  |  Topic: Michigan Taxidermist Association Convention 2008 « previous next »