The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#17
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 03:35:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1619942 Posts in 191545 Topics by 43293 Members
Latest Member: bambistew
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#17 « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#17  (Read 13644 times)
Rick Krane
Platinum Member

Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2008, 12:31:16 AM »

Dave great talking with you today while I was in Boston! We will have to finish that conversation! LOL!
On a serious note! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt Muskie!!!!!!! MBFAM
Bill!!!! Great work on the perch!!! I can't wait to see the reproductions completed! great work!

Carry on with the great week!
My Best!
Rick Krane

Join us for Anglers Artistry's Big Announcement! Click the Banner for more information:

www.anglersartistry.com/store/
Please like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Rick.Krane.Anglers.Artistry
Jknuth
Platinum Member

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2008, 12:43:53 AM »

Looks Good Bill. I have pulled a Few older fish off the wall myself for a rebuild and repaint.
My techniques have changed so much that I couldn't bare to look at the older ones anymore.

Looking forward to seeing the Blanks done.

Nil sa saol seo ach ceo, Is ni bheimid beo, ach seal beag gearr.

List of available blanks
http://www.knuthart.com/molds

DougP
Platinum Member

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2008, 08:09:50 AM »

Here's the replica "Best in World" Peacock bass with pirhana's by Ron Kelly. Pic taken at the World Show in the early '90's [?]. The pic really doesn't do the piece justice.

Ron, these were the only two pics I've found. I will e-mail a hi-res copy to you. If you want me to burn a cd, let me know.

DougP

* pck bss r klly.jpg (113.06 kB, 720x576 - viewed 642 times.)

Doug Petrousek
DOUGLAS TAXIDERMY
2S432 Cedar Court
Elburn, IL 60119
630 557- 0158
"Custom mounting of North American
and Exotic gamefish."
DougP
Platinum Member

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2008, 08:10:34 AM »

One more........I thought it was a beautiful piece.

* pck bss rplca 1 r klly.jpg (95.69 kB, 720x576 - viewed 646 times.)

Doug Petrousek
DOUGLAS TAXIDERMY
2S432 Cedar Court
Elburn, IL 60119
630 557- 0158
"Custom mounting of North American
and Exotic gamefish."
Darrell
Platinum Member

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2008, 08:32:54 AM »

Man you guys are a tuff bunch.  I post my first "The week in fish" and y'all zap the whole thing post picture and all.  All I wanted to do was fit in with you fish heads and maybe get a little feedback.  I have had current event stuff zapped but never a picture post must have really sucked. lol
Cole
Platinum Member

Amateur Taxidermist

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2008, 09:22:08 AM »

Man you guys are a tuff bunch.  I post my first "The week in fish" and y'all zap the whole thing post picture and all.  All I wanted to do was fit in with you fish heads and maybe get a little feedback.  I have had current event stuff zapped but never a picture post must have really sucked. lol
Perhaps the moderators were so busy zapping your CE posts they accidentally zapped your fish post too. Don't let them get you down, post it again.

Cole Cruickshank
Cameron, MO 64429
Ron Kelly
Bronze Member

« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2008, 09:11:48 AM »

Thanks Doug for the kind words and poasting the picture. I am amazed at how much GREAT fish work there is out there these days. Great Pics this week. I still do over 200 Peacocks a year and enjoy all the different colorations. I molded the "World Record" and will try to get a picture on here soon. My son, Josh, is an up and coming Fishhead. I am trying to get him to post a few pics as well. He has his own shop and stays pretty busy with just fish. Does some work for Bass Pro and Cabelas. I think he is going to be one of the Best in a few years. He is 23 now and has made a full-time living with fish since High School. I am proud of him. Thanks again and Great work everyone. Ron
den007
Platinum Member

« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2008, 04:43:04 PM »

Hey Ron!  I remember your replicas as some of the best ever! God I hated it when that fire happened. How about doing the fish world a huge favor and molding some more replicas for sale to taxidermists???? We need you!

PS....I still have one of your paddlefish I never got a chance to paint!

Dennis Murawska
Angler's Art Taxidermy
"To live is not necessary...
To fish is necessary."   Latin inscription
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Fish Taxidermy  |  Topic: The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#17 « previous next »