possible infection
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 04:07:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1625084 Posts in 192439 Topics by 43486 Members
Latest Member: WhiteRabbitTaxidermyUK
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: possible infection « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: possible infection  (Read 2274 times)
dscheibs

« on: November 19, 2006, 09:24:15 PM »

Just wondering if anyone has heard or experienced this.  I woke up this morning and my left hand was sore in the joints.  As the day went on, my hand started to swell up.  over the last week i have been caping several deer. The deer that i have taken in this year have been loaded with ticks. 
I do wear gloves when handling anything that comes  into my shop..  Heading to the doctor tomarrow and will request a blood test  for Lyme.(better safe then sorry).

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.
Acts 4:12
Matt
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 09:37:09 PM »

Did you cut yourself and not no it? I cut myself one time back when I was a meat cutter. I got some pork blood in the cut and lost feeling in that hand and my entire arm swelled and I lost movement in it. If I didn't go in imediately, I couldv'e died from it. You should go in now, better safe than sorry.

KevinH
Platinum Member

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 10:24:43 PM »

last week I was skinning a coyote and didnt have my gloves on, I know stupid.  But I had a small cut on my middle finger of my left hand, the next morning I woke up and I couldnt hardly bend my finger, I put some salve on it for 2 days and it got better.  Ill know enough now to not be lazy and wear my gloves whenever i skin a critter now.  Hopefully theres nothing serious with yur hand and everythings ok.  Good luck, Kevin

Bear Claw Chris Lapp: Can you skin Griz?
    Jeremiah Johnson: I can skin'em as fast as you can catch'em.
    Bear Claw Chris Lapp: Skin that one pilgrim and I'll get you another!
weasel
Platinum Member

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 11:39:33 PM »

Ticks carry fatal deseise better get it checked out even if its nothing serious cant really do needed work with a messed up hand/arm even if its only hurting and swollen may save you $ anyhow.

"WAR is the remedy our enemy has chosen,and I say give them all they want"Gen.Sherman

The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather DIE on his feet,than live on his knees!"G.Washington
trevor
Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 05:33:50 PM »

i was taking the dried Velvet off a rack and i had a cut on a finger and i got blood poisoning from it had to get a shot and take pills for 10 days the shot hurt worse than the cut

WILD ADVENTURES   buck lure & game calls
NickyG
Gold Member

"IS IT ALIVE, OR WAS IT MOUNTED BY GLORIOSO?"

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 05:18:35 AM »

yup, it has happened to me too.....Better get it looked at...Better safe than sorry, although epsom salt soak helped out a lot!!!

Nicholas R. Glorioso, Owner of Glorioso Wildlife Mounts, New York  (802) 733 2590 CELL Professional taxidermist of 16 Years!
WWW.ELUSIONCAMO.COM
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: possible infection « previous next »