Hypothetical Question for Bird fanatics
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 20, 2014, 10:21:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1632240 Posts in 193682 Topics by 43733 Members
Latest Member: trapper willie
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Bird Taxidermy  |  Topic: Hypothetical Question for Bird fanatics « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Hypothetical Question for Bird fanatics  (Read 4716 times)
jasonb
Platinum Member

I think I'll keep her

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 01:50:49 PM »

where is Stephan located? I might look into this also.

We do not stop playing because we get old
We grow old because we stop playing
NEVER Be the first to get old
Desert Wings
Bronze Member

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 01:55:05 PM »

Klamath Falls, Oregon

Desert Wings Taxidermy

www.desertwingstaxidermy.com
B Jones
Platinum Member

Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 02:58:58 PM »

11pybowhunter, I am glad I am not the dude you thought I was.

Strive to do your best, you have only yourself to disappoint.
Becky P
Platinum Member

One must believe the glass is half full.

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 03:05:15 PM »

Well, the pond picture sold me, LOL. Either Savides or Caruthers would be my choices.

www.beckyswildlifestudio.com
Accepting wholesale work - birds, lifesize, gameheads.
taxos
Platinum Member

Finches, Buntings

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 06:30:19 AM »

I would mount a week alone, with me, myself and I
michhunter

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2008, 06:40:32 AM »

Id suggest Charlie Fanta.  I just finished a 1 on 1 with him.  I was green going into the class and came out very confident. He is doing a 2 day strutting turkey seminar late April if anyone is intrested its listed in the learning section.   Rick
M.T.
Platinum Member

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2008, 08:11:58 AM »

11py, call Frank Newmyer.  Dont listen to what George says, he really doesn't have  a clue.  Frank is a Christian man with christian views.  He praises God for everything good and thanks Him for everything Bad, because thru that, it makes him a stronger person. Frank has won more World Championships than anyone, and Doesn't have a ME WALL, like George thinks.  He has an aviary that you can walk into and watch ducks all day.  He's got awesome peacocks also.  Veyr peaceful setting, no traffic noise.  If you have any ideas of your own, he will listen.  He is a great man and a great artist. I know him quite well, and I can assure you, you will leave there knowing much more than when you arrived.  thanks for listening, MT
M.T.
Platinum Member

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2008, 08:19:57 AM »

George, you say you go to church to hear a sermon, well, let me remind everyone that with the beliefs that you have about the Bible(Gods Word), no one needs to be going to that church. I mean, how can you believe in God and not believe the Bible?
George Roof
Platinum Member

The older I get, the better I was.

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2008, 09:09:40 AM »

M.T., speaking of clueless, check your mirror in the morning.  You're nothing more than a thumper heralding another thumper.  Heretics and hypocrites abound in this world and I've seen more of it than you'll ever read about.  I don't "judge" people just by looking at them and my integrity can be validated by just looking around.  When I take my car to a mechanic, I want to know what's wrong MECHANICALLY.  When I go to a doctor, I want him to tell me what's wrong PHYSICALLY.  When I go to my preacher, I want him to tell me what's wrong SPIRITUALLY.  But when I pay some TAXIDERMIST to TEACH ME TAXIDERMY, I'm not going to sit around and listen to some lunatic fundamentalist thumper PREACH TO ME.  Got it?  There are, contrary to what Frank thinks of himself, many other MUCH BETTER bird taxidermists out there  who are willing to teach individuals what they're being paid for.  And knowing people as I do, I'm sure many MANY others who won't say what I've said will agree with it.  They just don't like to confront jerks like you and tell you where the bear craps in the woods.   I can smell your type a mile away and so can they.  (Oh, M.T., Frank says you shouldn't work in your shop without a clean shirt, long pants and black socks and shoes.  Do you wear his "uniform" as well?)

If the truth offends you, then by all means, avoid it.
jasonb
Platinum Member

I think I'll keep her

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 09:47:35 AM »

[ (Oh, M.T., Frank says you shouldn't work in your shop without a clean shirt, long pants and black socks and shoes.  Do you wear his "uniform" as well?)
[/quote]

You have got to be kidding me he says that???

M.T.
Platinum Member

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 09:58:39 AM »

having the "high end " customers that Frank has, I guess it's probably better to look clean than a slob
jasonb
Platinum Member

I think I'll keep her

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 10:06:31 AM »

Yeah I'm all for that, BUT I've known quite a few taxidermists that do a lot more pricey mounts like life size mammals and clean and professional is one thing but go to church on sunday clothes thats funny.   

George Roof
Platinum Member

The older I get, the better I was.

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2008, 10:24:52 AM »

Thank you Jason.  My point exactly.  I'm neat and clean every time I go into my shop.  I usually wear a white CLEAN T-shirt with my logo on the front and back along with CLEAN jeans and CLEAN white sneakers with CLEAN white athletic socks.  I'm clean shaven with a military haircut.  In summer, I wear CLEAN khaki cargo shorts.  My "high end" customers are usually scruffy when they come into the shop so I'm certainly no turn off to their business.  I wore black socks for 30 years and dealt with everyone from presidents to scum of the earth mercenaries.  The government thinks you should die in black socks I suppose, but I've passed that stage now.

If the truth offends you, then by all means, avoid it.
Russ of V.O.W.T
Platinum Member

my Ken Edwards moment

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008, 10:45:21 AM »

thats hilarious, my "uniform" here is pretty much what you said george, LMAO  jeans and a shop tshirt in the winter, and cargo shorts and a shop tshirt in the summer, by the way i am in shorts already for the year  ;D

Visions of Wildlife Taxidermy Studio
102 Laray St.
Cassville Missouri 65625
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Bird Taxidermy  |  Topic: Hypothetical Question for Bird fanatics « previous next »