Grooming buck pictures?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 02:42:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1617442 Posts in 191164 Topics by 43213 Members
Latest Member: abiegler
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Deer & Gamehead Photos  |  Topic: Grooming buck pictures? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grooming buck pictures?  (Read 3838 times)
Alicia L
Platinum Member

« on: May 28, 2008, 02:49:53 PM »

I am going to try to mount a whitetail buck in a grooming pose, and am haveing difficulty locating some pictures of this pose.  Could anyone help me?  I have found one picture on this website so far.  I have googled "whitetail deer grooming"  and "whitetail deer grooming posture"  to no avail.  Any help would be appreciated.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"--Thomas Edison
laserred
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 03:01:26 PM »

google deer scratching and click on images and it will have a lot of pictures there, not sure if its what you what or not tho. 

Will work 4 shoes!!
BOBTRAC
Bronze Member

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 12:09:29 PM »

ALICIAL, DO YOU NEED A JAWSET OR NOT FOR GROOMING BUCK?  I'VE GOT EVERYTHING TO MOUNT ONE BUT HAVEING TROUBLE FIGURING OUT HOW TO DO MOUTH. DO YOU NEED JAWSET OR NOT?
Gina
Platinum Member

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 12:31:42 PM »

Heres a few I have of near grooming poses, not sure if they will help.  Most are blacktail.  I d deffinately ask Bill Yox if he has any, hes got his own bucks at home, Im sure they lick foten enough for him to have snapped a pic or two ;)

The rooster may crow, but its the Hen that delivers the goods!
Gina
Platinum Member

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »

OMG!!!  Alicia!!  thanks for the pictures of your deer!!  hes absolutely fantasic!  Hope you will post it up for everyone to enjoy!  if you need help posting i would be happy to do that for you ;)

Alicia L
Platinum Member

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »

Thanks again Gina!  (Sorry I can't stop saying that!  ::))  I am proud of my first deer, and hope to learn from my mistakes, to make the second one better than the first.  That's what your're supposed to do, right?

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"--Thomas Edison
Gina
Platinum Member

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:54:13 PM »

Someone once told me, Your learn from your mistakes, or you create bad habits.  Basically, learn and always strive to do better with each mount.  Dont fall into the drone of making them over and over,  do better every time.  be awayre of what you are doing, and dont form bad habits or you will not become a master taxidermists, just a master of bad habits lol 

Your onthe right road!  From what i can see lot of people agree!  Keep your mind open to learning everything.  You can never stop learning!  Keep up the good work!  Your amazing :)

Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Deer & Gamehead Photos  |  Topic: Grooming buck pictures? « previous next »