Nostril template?????
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 01, 2014, 06:33:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1619951 Posts in 191548 Topics by 43293 Members
Latest Member: bambistew
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Nostril template????? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nostril template?????  (Read 1046 times)
RWTaxidermy "RICK"
Gold Member

« on: December 05, 2006, 07:48:34 AM »

How many of you use a nostril template to put the inner detail in your deer nose? I am thinking about trying one to see how it turns out and was curious how many people take the time to do so.
Keith. C
Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 08:20:13 AM »

I think it's easier just to carve it and sculpt all the fine detail after the mount drys.

Orion Taxidermy
Gold Member

Marty Silva

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 12:05:02 PM »

What I do is cut off the nose and take my foredom toll and carve out the passages and get it real close.  I don't worry about taking too much.  Then I take some flesh colored apoxie sculpt and sculpt in the septum and inner nose detail.   After you have done a few it goes really quick.   Then I just hot melt glue the nose back on and you are good to go.  I can't see how you can correctly carve out the top of the "wings" on the upper part if the nose very easily without taking the nose off.

Marty
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Topic: Nostril template????? « previous next »