lifesizedeer
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 05:20:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1625098 Posts in 192443 Topics by 43488 Members
Latest Member: featherfreak
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register

Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear! Please Click Here for full details and to enter.
You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate. Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Deer & Gamehead Photos  |  Topic: lifesizedeer « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: lifesizedeer  (Read 1539 times)
turkeyfoot

« on: July 20, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »

Im attemting to mount my first lifesize deer and I need some pointers on the legs. the pose is lying down faces left and when i test fitted it everything lined up except the legs on the hidw seemed to be longer than the legs on the form. Does anyone have any idea if thats normal and i just have to adjust the hide after sewing. any help would be helpful :-
KevinH
Platinum Member

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 07:36:01 PM »

Usually once you start sewing it will match up good.  Most everything with longer legs looks like it has more leg skin that what it really is.  Just start at the hoof and keep matching the seam up all the way up the leg it should match up good.  If you still have too much you might have to lengthen the legs.  good luck.

Bear Claw Chris Lapp: Can you skin Griz?
    Jeremiah Johnson: I can skin'em as fast as you can catch'em.
    Bear Claw Chris Lapp: Skin that one pilgrim and I'll get you another!
Pages: [1] Print 
Taxidermy.Net Forum  |  Taxidermy Discussion Categories  |  Deer and Gameheads  |  Deer & Gamehead Photos  |  Topic: lifesizedeer « previous next »