Using eye fluid

Submitted by J.K. on 1/4/01. ( ) 206.63.138.64

I've been upgrading the quality of my mounts as I go and wanted to start using Eye Fluid to give the eyes that floating in liquid look. the problems the I seem to be having is that the fluid is very difficult to apply, it seems to thick, and I'am not sure what tool to use to apply it or exactly how to apply it. The product is from Joe Coombs Taxidermy Supply. Some advice on this "sticky" problem would very helpful. Any suggestions out there? Thanks!

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Try this

This response submitted by Rob Patton on 1/4/01. ( Taxidermis@aol.com ) 206.150.228.62

I just Liquid Crystal from Life Tone in laquer. I just suck some up in a syringe and very carefully apply it around the eye. I use an insulin needle and round down the end.

Dew Drops

This response submitted by Leanna on 1/5/01. ( scardeer@cornernet.com ) 209.98.65.66

JK, I too have experienced the same exact phenomenon that you have with the exact Eye Fluid you are talking about. It's too dang thick. So I do sorta what Rob up there does and I use my Joe Coombs Eye Fluid to put dew drops on the whiskers of deer (when wanted) and they look pretty cool. Seems to work good for that. Sorry I didn't fix your problem, but when I read your post, I had to let you know what you COULD do with the stuff! Good luck to you!

Return to Beginners Category Menu