NEED HELP PLEASE

Submitted by JOHNNY H on 12/3/01. ( ) 152.163.189.200

I BOUGHT 3 SKINS FROM A FUR DRESSER TO DO FULL BODY MOUNTS, THEY CAME TO ME WHAT LOOKS LIKE NICE TAN BUT HAVE NOT BEEN CUT DOWN BACK OR BELLY MY QUESTION IS TO GET CORRECT SIZES SHOULD I REHYDRADT THESE ,,BOBCAY ,COYOTE AND A FOX BEFORE I CUT AND TRY TO GET ACCURATE MEASUREMENTS...THIS MUST BE WHAT YALL CALL CASE SKINNED THE LEGS ARE SPLIT ALL THE WAY BUT THE BODIES ARE IN TACK...ANY HELPA I WANT TO GET STARTED ON THESE! THANK-YOU J.H

Return to Beginners Taxidermy Category Menu

Read the rules for the board

This response submitted by John C on 12/3/01. ( ) 208.44.115.20

All capital letters is considered yelling.

Last week several posted with questions about measuring hide were done. Go back and read them.

sorry not yelling

This response submitted by johnny on 12/7/01. ( ) 205.188.209.43

asking a real question and have looked an cant find the right answer,please listen i have a coyote that the bodt is in tack i dont have a clue how the insides came ouy this clean..same with the fox and the bobcat..my question is these skins are soft tanned dried but in order for me to get the correct girth size should i split it i guess this is the only way,,otherwise should i rehydrate then split and see what kind of streach out of these,,i want to do full body mounts,,sorry I am not trying to get under your skin---thanks

Return to Beginners Taxidermy Category Menu