Big enough kit?

Submitted by John R on 2/7/02. ( jroution@kih.net ) 64.89.129.10

I am pretty new at this. (It's been about 15 years ago since I did anything with hides) I have a couple of coyote hides and fox hides and a couple of buffalo hides on the way.My question is would the Rittel's EZ-4000 kit be big enough to do these? Also is this stuff safe enough to be around a bunch of boys (cub scouts)? All we want done is to make some rugs out of them for our lodge (18' Tepi), any info would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
I know somebody will say send em to a Tannery but we want to do these ourselves (pack can't afford it anyway,unless somebody would like to donate).
Thanks again
John

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Rittel's

This response submitted by Frank E. Kotula on 2/8/02. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.129.149.235

Why not talk to the main man here. Just click on his name and ask him. He will be able to give you all the details you need.

And you don't need a tannery for the fox and coyote but the buffalo is another subject. They need to be shaved thin. It just may be a project and it will be fine but again to get a thick hide tanned all the way threw is going to be tough. So it's time to brake out the razors and start shaving.

So get a hold of Bruce Rittel and he'll set you up the right way.

Thank You

This response submitted by John R on 2/8/02. ( jroution@kih.net ) 209.209.188.47

Thank You Mr. Rittel
and Mr. Kotula
Will be ordering from you soon

Return to Beginners Category Menu