which tanning kit ?

Submitted by Ron V on 2/20/02. ( ronv209@cs.com ) 152.163.189.200

I just want to tan one fox hide to make a rug for the wife. I see several kits listed in the catalogs. Just looking for suggestions on which one would work best.

Return to Beginners Category Menu

NONE

This response submitted by George on 2/21/02. ( georoof@aol.com ) 152.163.188.72

Trust me on this one. If it's a garment tan you're looking for, you need to have a professional tannery do the job for you. Click on the Taxidermy Net Home above and then go to the suppliers and find a tannery near you. Send it to them and for less than $50 you can have a hide tanned professionally that will enable your wife to enjoy it, you take the credit, and everyone stays happy.

the best hands down!

This response submitted by Bob C on 2/21/02. ( bobswildlife@aol.com ) 152.163.188.72

Hey Ron, The easiest and BEST tanning kit I have ever used is EZ100 by Rittles. It produces a soft tanned skin and is very easy to use. It comes with complete instruction that are simple to understand. I think you will get much more satisfaction doing it yourself than sending it out. Also most tanneries will not deal with just average guys off the street. Most require a letterhead or business card to prove that you are in business(as a taxidermist). Bob C

Return to Beginners Category Menu