Tanneries in Georgia

Submitted by Jason Dennis on 2/25/02. ( jasondennis@alltel.net ) 166.102.174.144

I'm looking to see if there are any tanneries in Georgia to do deer capes. What do most of you guys do who don't have a tannery near by, mail the hides? Frozen or salted? I want to look at the cost or quality benefitts of moving up a notch from dry preservities.

Thanks,
Jason

Return to Beginners Category Menu

You are headed for

This response submitted by Elmer on 2/25/02. ( Topstaxidermy@aol.com ) 205.188.209.76

A pleasant surprise Jason moving to tanned hides from dry preservative. It is in your best interest to send the capes already prepped and salted most tannerries want it that way. Plus you don't have to worry about your cape getting lost in the shipping in a green state. Check with other taxidermist in your area see who they use . If they are tight lipped then go to this site and check the closest one to you. I know that Carolina Fur dressers are one state away from ya and do an excellent job. Hope this helps.

Midwest Tannery

This response submitted by toonster on 2/26/02. ( ma_toonster003@yahoo.com ) 65.28.174.21

Jason:
If you would like to send to Nebraska, we would be more than happy to talk to you.e-mail or call (402)727-7366. Thanks, Toonster
Midwest Tannery
1050 E. 8th
Fremont, NE 68025

Return to Beginners Category Menu