fleshing beam?

Submitted by Chad on 2/28/02. ( lumps30@aol.com ) 24.29.58.31

I`am going to build a fleshing beam anyone have any hints like type of wood, size, what not too do?any info will help.Thanks

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Archives

This response submitted by Todd B on 2/28/02. ( tddbuch@aol.com ) 64.12.96.72

Not to sound like a jerk but check them out. I have heard someone mention pvc pipe. I think about 10" diameter or so. There is probably lots of info about it in the archives.

Todd B

Go to....

This response submitted by b bishop on 2/28/02. ( bishops@newnorth.net ) 209.83.43.194

www.taxidermyreference.com and then go to my tanning article and there are two types of beams there. The small one is made of maple and the large one of cedar. If you have any ?'s you can e-mail me directly.

BEAM

This response submitted by BIRDMAN on 2/28/02. ( ) 64.12.96.139

6-8 INCH PVC PIPE WORKS WELL AND CLEANS UP EASY JUST CUT AND SAND OR GRIND EDGES TO DESIRED SHAPE

here's what i did

This response submitted by Joey Horner on 3/1/02. ( hornerj@hotmail.com ) 216.16.124.87

i went up to my local lumberyard and got a 2"x12"x12' of hem fir. then i measure the beam to what was comfortable for me. added a base and supports. then i took a draw knife and made the top curved like it should be. varnished it and finally put 5 coats of clear coat on top. hope this helps

Return to Beginners Category Menu