Evelyn

Submitted by bob m. on 3/23/02. ( bmontenero@yahoo.com ) 216.41.32.1

thank you evelyn. how much should i use per gallon of water? bob m.

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Bob

This response submitted by George on 3/23/02. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.96.137

You are tying up a lot of space with questions that have already been answered in GREAT detail if you just click on that "What do you want to know" block on the opening page. Dawn works, but marginally compared with the soaps that have been designed especially for degreasing birds. And Coleman fuel is a good way to burn your house down. It's just one more hazard that the old way of doing taxidermy is preventing all of us from being able to get our businesses insured. None of the flammable "water displacing" chemicals is necessary or needed with the alternate methods available today.

speak of yourself

This response submitted by eVELYN on 3/23/02. ( ) 205.188.208.135

Hey George, using coleman fuel is not the old way of doing it.Its just is another way of doing it. There are a lot of different ways of getting thinks done especially in taxidermy. To cover every degreaser method possible would fill half the forum. You don't know anything about me so quit attacking my answers. I am up to date with the methods. Afterall I am going to seminars all the time and I am very active in my state's association. Quit acting like you are the only one with all the answers and nobody can live up to your knowlegde. Sounds like you are the old one here with an closed up mind.

Goodness, Evelyn

This response submitted by George on 3/23/02. ( ) 64.12.96.137

Didn't mean to lick your lollipop and I don't know where I was "attacking" your answers. Coleman fuel, white gas, mineral spirits ARE old methods (I KNOW, I WAS THERE. LOL) and they are still carried on by "respected" taxidermists who have "always done it that way". That, however, doesn't make it better or safer and NEW technology makes it duplicitous at best. No petroleum byproduct DEGREASES. They simply dissolve and leave residues of their own. They only DISPLACE WATER that can safely be done using other, less flammable methods. So instead of getting snippy, maybe you'd like to check those same archives to see how "reputable" taxidermists like Bill Yox feels about Coleman fuel.

Bob and Evelyn

This response submitted by Bob C on 3/23/02. ( bobswildlife@aol.com ) 152.163.189.67

First.... Bob, Dawn works great as a degreaser. Though, Bruce Rittle sells a great degreaser. Its a concintrate (spelling?) and it works wonders! Second.... Evelyn, I use Coleman fuel and mineral spirits all the time. I do degrease in dawn or any other degreaser, rinse and squeeze out exess water and put into the solvent. It acctally doesn't do much degreasing, though it does remove risidual grease left over by the soap. The main purpose is to displace the water from the feathers or fur. Like any other chemical we use in the business, they must be used with care. They are no more dangerous to use than lacquer paints or even the spray cans of gloss we all use. As long as they are used in a well ventilated area, or better yet, outdoors. They are as safe to use as can be expected.I do believe, I get a much cleaner and "fluffier" bird when using this method. Bob C

thank you bob

This response submitted by Evelyn on 3/23/02. ( ) 205.188.209.44

at least a gentleman on this forum. You George are a total ass and I have absolutely no respect for you. You think you are the world's greatest but trust me you are a nobody. I don't care how much experience you got you old geezer I wouldn't take your advise if my life depended on it. Why don't you get off the forum for once and let the nice guys have a shot at some real answers worth printing. Go and lick your own lollipop.

Well, There goes another one

This response submitted by George on 3/24/02. ( ) 205.188.209.44

With postage going up and me deleting names off the Christmas card list, maybe I'll be able to afford that toupee after all. And Evelyn, you didn't seem at all like this on the chat. LOL

Oh George

This response submitted by Evelyn on 3/24/02. ( millstaxidermy@aol.com ) 152.163.188.164

OH George what are we going to do with you? If you could be just as nice on the forum as you are in the chat room you could keep me on the list. LOL!

Return to Beginners Category Menu