Help on walleye eyes

Submitted by rodeo58 on 3/28/02. ( ) 207.89.210.154

Can some one tell me what to put behind the eyes of a walleye. The center is clear and you can see the apoxie. I don't want the eyes to be gray in the center. When I set them in with out the apoxie and with the macha back ground. They look good. I thought about putting apoxie around the outer edge ot the eye. Need some help . Thanks

Return to Beginners Category Menu

tin foil

This response submitted by Grouseman on 3/28/02. ( jabratt@citlink.net ) 170.215.11.178

For customer mounts I hot glue a piece of tin foil with the dull side facing through the clear part of the eye. For competetion make a cup with magic sculpt. Paint with black then chrome then a lite mist of red.

Hope this helps.
Later

Inside ofm a pop can

This response submitted by John on 3/29/02. ( ) 64.12.96.46

Cut out a circle piece of a pop can and put it on the back of the eye then secure it with whatever you like glue, putty, clay.Looks ausome

Good eyes

This response submitted by Joe on 3/29/02. ( jkulis@kastaway.com ) 66.72.200.86

We have been making eyes especially for walleye for some time. They have a special pupil that is most lifelike and used extensively in the industry. The pupil has a deep reflective surface. You can see them at http://www.kastaway.com under taxidermy supplies, or call 440 232 8352 for pricing.

Clear walleye eyes

This response submitted by Len on 3/29/02. ( lgums@powercom.net ) 216.114.21.161

Hi rodeo58, If you are using the clear walleye eyes, probably Tohicon eyes, you fill the eye with hot glue and let cool. Then when installing the eye you put a piece of tin foil behind it. This will give you the actual walleye eye and will actually catch the light in a room and create the reflective eye look on a walleye. Good luck.

Thinks all

This response submitted by rodeo58 on 3/29/02. ( ) 207.89.210.168

Thanks All Got some good advice.

Return to Beginners Category Menu