Help on walleye eyes

Submitted by rodeo58 on 3/28/02. ( )

Can some one tell me what to put behind the eyes of a walleye. The center is clear and you can see the apoxie. I don't want the eyes to be gray in the center. When I set them in with out the apoxie and with the macha back ground. They look good. I thought about putting apoxie around the outer edge ot the eye. Need some help . Thanks

Return to Beginners Category Menu

tin foil

This response submitted by Grouseman on 3/28/02. ( )

For customer mounts I hot glue a piece of tin foil with the dull side facing through the clear part of the eye. For competetion make a cup with magic sculpt. Paint with black then chrome then a lite mist of red.

Hope this helps.

Inside ofm a pop can

This response submitted by John on 3/29/02. ( )

Cut out a circle piece of a pop can and put it on the back of the eye then secure it with whatever you like glue, putty, clay.Looks ausome

Good eyes

This response submitted by Joe on 3/29/02. ( )

We have been making eyes especially for walleye for some time. They have a special pupil that is most lifelike and used extensively in the industry. The pupil has a deep reflective surface. You can see them at under taxidermy supplies, or call 440 232 8352 for pricing.

Clear walleye eyes

This response submitted by Len on 3/29/02. ( )

Hi rodeo58, If you are using the clear walleye eyes, probably Tohicon eyes, you fill the eye with hot glue and let cool. Then when installing the eye you put a piece of tin foil behind it. This will give you the actual walleye eye and will actually catch the light in a room and create the reflective eye look on a walleye. Good luck.

Thinks all

This response submitted by rodeo58 on 3/29/02. ( )

Thanks All Got some good advice.

Return to Beginners Category Menu