Critique, Please...

Submitted by Patrick on 3/21/02. ( prilev@insightbb.com ) 12.220.112.129

Hi, AllÍ

I finished my first deer pedestal mount a few days ago. I'm looking for some critiquing. I tried this taxidermy thing about 25 years ago and quit. I'm back at it again. I've looked at this mount until I'm numb. I desperately need some outside opinions. Please visit my page and either email or post your opinions here. Thanks! Patrick

http://home.insightbb.com/~prilev/

Return to Beginners Category Menu

My critique

This response submitted by Troy on 3/21/02. ( ) 65.90.54.2

I'm not any great expert or anything. But the deer looks pretty good. Get some real good refferences and study them for detail in the eyes, preorbital gland, nose and lips. Those little things make a big difference.

Thanks!

This response submitted by Patrick on 3/21/02. ( prilev@insightbb.com ) 12.220.112.129

Thanks, Troy, for the input! Patrick

I agree! good job

This response submitted by Kelley on 3/21/02. ( ) 65.172.19.11

I totally agree ,lots of reference helps out alot,
Your deer looks good!

Looks Good

This response submitted by Paul on 3/21/02. ( ) 205.188.209.43

The doe looks very good. I didn't see any problem areas.

Doe

This response submitted by Steve on 3/21/02. ( gossard@gtelco.net ) 209.197.25.114

Attention to eye detail and the nose pad is the only real problem areas. The over all look to the deer is smooth and plesant to look at. i would sudjest back brushing the hair on the mount with a spray bottle of water to mak it look a lot more real as well. Deer and other animals have that fuzzy look to them, not the pasted down slick look. It really adds to the realism. you don't really have to make all the hair stand end on end though, just get it to fluff up a bit.
I really liked it any way. the seam in the back, looked good to.

Thanks, Everyone

This response submitted by Patrick on 3/22/02. ( prilev@insightbb.com ) 12.220.112.129

Thanks to everyone who responded. I've received some great advice- both posted here and by email. You guys (and girls) are GREAT! My next deer will be better I'm sure. Thanks againÍ(I'm still open for input, though) Patrick

Return to Beginners Category Menu