Ok, i'm really new to this and need a lot of help....

Submitted by DDavis89325is on 11/05/2002. ( bmwz3boy@earthlink.net ) 63.186.8.129

Ok, i want to start hunting Coyotes, Red Fox, squirrel, rabbit, and coons, but how do i go about selling these. I know of a guy near where i live that buys them but i don't now what to do to them before selling them to him.

What do i do after i shoot the coyote, coon, ect....?

How do i skin the animal?

Do i leave the legs of the animal on?

What all needs to be left on the animal?

Can i take the whole animal to the guy and sell it?

How do i store the animal before i take it to the person?

How do i remove the fleas and otehr things from the animals?

How do i make a stretcher?

Thanks for reading this and hopefilly someone will reply, you can e-mail me at ddavis89325is@yahoo.com too. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks!

Return to Beginners Category Menu

DDavis

This response submitted by Coyote on 11/05/2002. ( mrathnow@comcast.net ) 68.42.185.174

DDavis;
First of all, if you have someone that buys the fur from you. Give him a call, and ask him exactly what he wants done to the hide. Most fur buyers would rather do the skinning themself, If they know a beginner is skinning them. Your not going to get the full price though if they have to skin it.

Coyote

coyote

This response submitted by j on 11/06/2002. ( ) 167.196.168.155

I'm kinda new at this but I have a freind who does taxidermy and he usually puts skins in the freezer to kill ticks and such and then combs them out. I suggest you talk to the guy you are trying to sell them to what you need to do and what to leave on the animal.

J

This response submitted by Coyote on 11/06/2002. ( mrathnow@comcast.net ) 68.42.185.174

J;
I'm not the one trying to sell the hides. D.Davis is trying to sell hides. I was just telling him to call is fur buyer.

Coyote

Return to Beginners Category Menu