Still confused

Submitted by Marilee on 11/05/2002. ( Marilee@wwnet.net ) 64.27.205.188

Hello all. I measured my coon with him laying on his belly. From Nose to base of tail. 19 inches. I want to use a form that is climbing looking left. When I turned the head that way and measured it was 22 inches. Which would be the proper measurement? Also I have a baby coon that is 1 1/2 by 12 long by 10 circ. I am not able to find a form for him, if I have to alter a form would I have to use a squirl form? If anyone could help me it would be so much appreciated. Thanks alot.

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Measure in position

This response submitted by Steve R Gossard on 11/05/2002. ( gossard@gtelco.net ) 209.197.25.1

Measure the coon in the same shape you are going to mount it in. The form should be measured after it was sculpted and already in that shape. The only supplier that I have found that the measurements are different is some of the older forms from Van Dykes.

coons

This response submitted by oddball on 11/05/2002. ( ) 216.208.65.57

go with 19". As far as the baby is concerned,have you given much thought to making your own? I'm sure the infamous "archive's" are loaded with that topic. there are many way's to make your own, why bother having to alway's find that perfect form? Sooner or later you will have to start, so why not now.

Return to Beginners Category Menu