speed septums?

Submitted by Chad on 11/14/2002. ( lumps30@aol.com ) 24.194.12.6

What are the pro`s and con`s of speed septums?

Return to Beginners Category Menu

pro

This response submitted by grouseman on 11/14/2002. ( ) 170.215.11.187

A finished nose interior as opposed to a putty filled nosteral.
Can't think of a con at the moment.

cons

This response submitted by Frank E. Kotula on 11/15/2002. ( basswtrout@aol.com ) 172.157.221.154

You can but the septum maker ( the steel part ) I wouldn't but the septums. They are a waste of money. If you buy milk or cider in the plastic jugs they will make a much better looking septum.

If you look on the bottom part and near the handle of the jugs there are a feew areas that are ridged just like the ones you buy. Cut them out and use these instead. All that's need is a paint job and your ready to go. I have use these extensively in compitition and never had a judge complain about it.

Penny wise?

This response submitted by Mick on 11/15/2002. ( Mickthetaxidermist@hotmail.com ) 205.188.208.37

Frank is absolutly correct, and I'm sure the old milk jug septums have been used in many, many deer over the years. However, from a financial perspective, it's just not worth it to make your own. At a cost of one dollar each, or thereabouts, unless you're mass producing them, it's not worth the time.

Amen M ick

This response submitted by George on 11/15/2002. ( georoof@aol.com ) 64.12.97.7

But you'll have to forgive Frank. He carves his own fish too. LMAO (Sorry Buddy!) I love them as I don't have to guess and cut and cuss over milk jugs. BUT I did hear of ONE taxidermist complaining about how visible those little red veins were after they were installed. When I told them that they'd put them in BACKWARDS, the line went dead for a few seconds before I heard, "Well, I'll be damned."

Return to Beginners Category Menu