deer form sizing

Submitted by smacky on 11/09/2002. ( cwwkmw@train.missouri.org ) 204.185.30.131

I want to know if you need to take the hair side measurement and then go 1 size down on the deer form when ordering. Ex. 20" hair side and then 19" form. any help would be appreciated.

Return to Beginners Category Menu

well your choice

This response submitted by chris york on 11/09/2002. ( ) 12.255.34.70

well you can but the safest choice would be to take the size you get and not go any smaller. its easy to make a mannikin smaller if you need to but it's another story to make it larger if your just starting out in taxidermy

Bottom LIne

This response submitted by Elmer on 11/09/2002. ( Topstaxidermy ) 152.163.189.66

Wgat works for ya. But I don't feel that is the way to go. Gte a meat measurement if you can. If not wiat until tanned and get the measurement after rehydration. Don't make the deer something he is not. I have had good success with two meat measurements. tight below the ears then tight to the neck and 3 inches down. Check your supplier and what areas they size their forms.

thanks

This response submitted by smacky on 11/09/2002. ( ) 204.185.30.138

Thanks chris and elmer. I am just getting into it. I did a mount that had a 21" neck . After it was tanned it fit really tight and now the hair measurement is 23". The mount came out looking really good but i was wondering if it should of been that tight.

Return to Beginners Category Menu