HELP NEEDED WITH TANNING

Submitted by JOE on 11/26/2002. ( LOBOJNOS@AOL.COM ) 152.163.188.34

hi, i'm new to taxidermy. i was wondering if anyone could help me by telling me what the new tanning cream that everyone is using called and where i can get it. or what is the easiest tanning cream to use?! and who sells it? one more thing, do they actually work or is it easier to just send the hydes out to be tanned? please let me know asap! thanks!

Return to Beginners Category Menu

send out to tannery

This response submitted by dwl on 11/27/2002. ( ) 168.178.126.130

if you don't have a flesing machine or tumbler send out to tannery will get back a lot better quality skin and save you some grief!

videos from WASCO

This response submitted by me on 11/27/2002. ( ) 65.149.30.199

WASCO has a great video on tanning.

welllllll

This response submitted by jen on 11/27/2002. ( ) 152.163.189.70

much easier to send out,,, but then again, if you want to try, you need to start somewhere, decide if a creature you have is disposable and if it is,,, start with learning on it... i have many failures to my name, but some good things to,,, wouldnt have learned if didnt try. dont know what cream they all are talking about either.

Probably

This response submitted by CapeFear on 11/27/2002. ( CFTaxidermy@hotmail.com ) 66.56.152.146

They're probably referring to Rittel's Quik-N-Eze or Knoblocks Liqua Tan, both work well if used correctly. Most suppliers carry either, I know McKenzie Supply does.

Instruction needed for first timer deer hide brain tanning

This response submitted by Sherri Rademacher on 12/29/2002. ( loveyoucows@yahoo.com ) 216.170.38.35

Your help is greatly needed, I would appreciate if someone would e-mail me step by step instruction on how to brain tan, hair on deer hide. Nor I or my husband have ever done this and would like to learn. There's a first time for everything!

Thank You So Much,
Sherri

Return to Beginners Category Menu