Need a good knife!

Submitted by Bill on 11/28/2002. ( ) 64.216.49.236

I need to find some good skinning knifes. I got some from the web claiming to be the best.....wrong. Cheap and wont sharpen. Any suggestions?

Return to Beginners Category Menu

Scalple

This response submitted by woodchick on 11/28/2002. ( ) 205.188.209.37

Bill, I used to use only the perfect knife from WASCO in my shop. However, I am not the best at sharpening knives,and I couldn't get it as sharp as I needed to. I still use that knife, for certain tasks . What I have found that a scalple never gives me problems and is always sharp. Research Manakins sells scalple blades I believe for $16. for 100 and I have a deluxe handle to make it a little easier to hold. works for me. Good Luck

Best knife I've found in 30 some years

This response submitted by Kristoph on 11/28/2002. ( skinme2 ) 64.12.96.137

is calles a *Victorinox or Victorinix, I think maybe research sells them, I buy 20 at a time ever 5 years or so at the sportmans show. It has a 3 inch "bird beak" blade and I love it, sharpens fast and holds an edge, made in Sweden. I'll check the catalogs and get back to you

Hantover.com

This response submitted by Old Fart on 11/28/2002. ( ) 64.122.57.8

I also use the Victorinox knives, I like the "little Vic" paring knife for most of my skinning. Try www.hantover.com they are the cheapest that I have found and carry a wide variety of very good quality knives at a reasonable price. Get their catalog.

one in the same

This response submitted by woodchick on 11/28/2002. ( ) 205.188.209.37

I thnk that the perfect knife and the victronox knife are the same type. works if your good at sharpening. It gets kind of tiresome when I have to call my dad to sharpen my knives..LOL

WAL-MART.....

This response submitted by drakechaser on 11/28/2002. ( ) 208.11.117.185

sells one called Chicago Cutlery, paring knife for five bucks. Super sharp, easy to sharpen, and just the right size for all types of work. Inexpensive, but effective.

Return to Beginners Category Menu